Toast Shaun Burgoyne 200 games...and more to come in 2020!

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see why we can't offer something similar. 1 year playing then 1 year as indigenous officer or development coach...

Guess these decisions was what Jeff was referring to in his previous email to members
I can only imagine 400 games is a major driver for him and we can only guarantee 1 year playing where Gold Coast may be offering 2

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It's interesting how primed we are for this now, however, after Lewis, Mitch, Hodge, etc, all the assistants. We're pretty much used to champions moving on when their time runs short.

The good news is that the Suns need a guy like this. Someone who can lead players not just on the field but more importantly off. Someone who is universally admired by peers. It's sad for me, but happy/sad. I'm glad that he's continuing the tradition of spreading the Hawthorn magic around the league. Were I in the Hawthorn administration I would be very proud, although still sad, of the large and lasting positive influence the club has on the league.

Very sorry to see Silk go. So proud to see him do his thing, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 1 thanks. Anything less can GAGF. Mitchell, Hodge and Hill all left far too cheaply. Brisbane with a top 2 finish thanks to our charity. Gold Coast with their worst ever season and completely helpless will make finals with burgoyne, they need to pay up for that kind of leadership and contribution. I don't care how old he is he will be their best and most decorated player to ever be on their list.

Pick 1 thanks. Anything less can GAGF. Mitchell, Hodge and Hill all left far too cheaply. Brisbane with a top 2 finish thanks to our charity. Gold Coast with their worst ever season and completely helpless will make finals with burgoyne, they need to pay up for that kind of leadership and contribution. I don't care how old he is he will be their best and most decorated player to ever be on their list.

And their priority pick... 😭

And a second circumcision for the Coch if he hasn't had his first.:mad:
Otherwise his first with a newbie Moyle.

I can't see why we can't offer something similar. 1 year playing then 1 year as indigenous officer or development coach...

Guess these decisions was what Jeff was referring to in his previous email to members
Think he wants two more years, can't get to 400 on a one year deal

Silk deserves to do what's best for his family he has given so much to us all on and off the ground.

When he kicked the goal in the last quarter the reaction towards our supporters i knew he was gone

Regardless of his decision, he will always be a Hawthorn great but if feel the time is just about right for all parties

Plus we look after him here we get his kids Father Son!

Offer 1 year with a trigger for a 2nd. Something that triggers at 15 games played for example
And we might have, but we tend to do one year deals so its unlikely

If GC are offering him two years playing plus a third behind the scenes it's a lot more security than we can/will offer.

I'll be sad to see him go if that is what happens but totally understand the club not budging on the one year deals and totally understand Silk wanting to get to 400

Remove this Banner Ad

Back