Toast Shaun Burgoyne 200 games...and more to come in 2020!

Remove this Banner Ad

Please no. His sole act in the 4th quarter of the 2013 Prelim set us up. Who knows where we would be now if that didnt happen.

I want burgs to be forever a Hawk but thats just selfish meeeeeeee

Good luck to him if true. We should ask Cockroach for 2 first round draft picks or GTFO

Aw man this has put a big downer on what turned out to be a surprisingly entertaining and exciting year for the Hawks.

If Silk goes, who is the veteran leader that can lift the kids when the chips are down? Who is going to teach them how to conduct themselves as a professional, on and off the field? Burgoyne has been huge in that regard, and a genuine contributor every time he put on the brown and gold. Would be sorely missed.

Just another instance of Hawthorn benefiting more than any club from free agency I suppose...

I'll wish him and any other Hawk flying north all the best at the Suns.
They'll provide experience, leadership and professionalism at every turn I'm sure. 10 years too late, and without the fanfare or paypacket that Albert extorted from them.

Their first move should be flushing that cockroach outta their system. Hrs a cancer round that place.

8b281c78460a4e0f6970ea978519da0e.jpg

again: giving off our players for didly whilst the AFL keeps one away from us.

Playing devils advocate here this will bring our age demographic right down with both Silk and Rough moving on and Smith potentially on the move as well. It actually balances our list profile were it needs to be if were going to contend. We're doing what the media bangs on about all the time when talking about the team.

Playing devils advocate here this will bring our age demographic right down with both Silk and Rough moving on and Smith potentially on the move as well. It actually balances our list profile were it needs to be if were going to contend. We're doing what the media bangs on about all the time when talking about the team.
But doesn't silk play better than most 25-30 y.o. AFL players?😉

Silk deserves to do what's best for his family he has given so much to us all on and off the ground.

When he kicked the goal in the last quarter the reaction towards our supporters i knew he was gone

Regardless of his decision, he will always be a Hawthorn great but if feel the time is just about right for all parties

Plus we look after him here we get his kids Father Son!

His kids will get signed up to the GC Academy once he gets up there. And we all know what the AFL will want

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have stayed a one-club player at Hawthorn.

Shut up, realists!!
I genuinely want him to stay... But he needs to look after his (home) family first..

My heart broke when Croad was traded. And when Sammy went to WCE I woke up to the reality of football.

I still hate Buddy though. Hodge & Silk will always be a Hawkers to me.

I realise we are fairly solidly against multi year deals for players in Burgoyne's age bracket, but maybe we could consider a special case deal where we offer him 3 years to match gold coast's supposed offer, and tell him we only guarantee 1 year of that is in a playing role, and the other 2 (at our option, not his) are in an off-field development role of some variety that would interest him. If we keeps playing well, we keep the second and/or third year of the contract as a player, and if not he has a guaranteed off field job. Reduces our risk and provides him certainty on income for 3 years. Problem would be if GC are also offering significantly more dollars than a post playing career development role would justify.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back