Recommitted Shaun Burgoyne [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

This one surprises me. Thought he'd take the money and extra years. Won't get that offer from Gold Coast next season.

You think this probably means Isaac Smith will depart the Hawks/be traded now.
Not sure how the two are linked. Smith was going anyway.

Smart move by Burgoyne.

At the Hawks he knows the systems and can hide/rest his aging body better than he could at GC.

Still very much a best 22 at the Hawks so every chance he could go another two years.

If not I reckon GC will throw a similar deal again next year at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smart move by Burgoyne.

At the Hawks he knows the systems and can hide/rest his aging body better than he could at GC.

Still very much a best 22 at the Hawks so every chance he could go another two years.

Will not be as tempting next year. A 2+ year deal this year would make sure he gets to 400 in 2021 (assuming his body doesn't completely break). Now that he's signed another 1 year deal with us, if he's still in good enough form and physical shape to get another contract with us, another 1 year will get him over 400, and I reckon that's been part of the temptation of the 2+ year deal this year.

Smart move by Burgoyne.

No chance he gets that offer from us again IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back