Nostradamus Lives Shaun Hampson to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
most people are aware of his athletic capabilities. if it ever clicks for him, could be a very good player but that is part of the problem, starting to become an if rather than when. as it stands, solid ruck that could be much more. something of a gamble when you take into account injury history.
failing to stick marks is what looks like the main problem. starts to regularly take them, he will gain confidence from this and the extra practice shots on goal he gets will make a better goal-kicker. personally would have preferred to part with warnock because hampson's ceiling is so much higher.

Win-win for both clubs.

Rucks cost more, its a simple fact.

Fair trade.

If Richmond can teach him to kick straight and hold his contested marks he'll be a very good pick up for them. Shown glimpses in his time at Carlton, but he just couldn't string these games together.

Would be great to see him do well at the Tigers.

To me, he always looked like a basketballer playing football.

Who are you going to pit up against Hampson next year? :)

He'll embarrass Hale and eat Longer for breakfast in the ruck contests.

No doubt since he'll be playing for Richmond who seem to make us their bunnies.

Doesn't change the fact he's a terrible spud...also Hale averaged more hitouts and goals than Hampson this year so I think you'll find we're quite happy with a footballer that can ruck rather than a ruck who can't play football.

If he continues with the form he showed at Carlton it's not a great pick up. Okay, because he fills a role, but not great.

If the change of scenery kicks him up a gear and those glimpses of potential actually turn into consistent high level output then he's a great get.

Richmond would be banking on the latter.

He's 26. Second round pick is so far overs it's not funny. Richmond you've been good at this lately, what's going on?

Guessing you must be really annoyed giving that same pick up for Savage?

Huge coup for Carlton, Hampson is a fantastic athlete but is far too useless at football to ever be AFL quality.
Wont that depend on who they get with the pick we gave them, which after all the compensatory picks will end up in the 30's, for me there are no winners or losers here as yet, pretty fair deal really.

Wont that depend on who they get with the pick we gave them, which after all the compensatory picks will end up in the 30's, for me there are no winners or losers here as yet, pretty fair deal really.
Pick 28 is most likely going to the Lions for Docherty. Hopefully it's a win-win trade for everyone. Will become a Hampson for Docherty trade (fingers crossed)

if thats the case richmond have done very very well IMO

Really? What makes Hampson a clear winner over Docherty? Docherty played more games than Hampson this year. Higher draft pick. He is 6 years younger. Plays a completely different position. Can't see why any team can be declared a winner at this point in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back