Past Shaun Hampson

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont hold your breath.....

:)
Why because Hampson is going to win it? Please give me a break. We all know smaller players develope quicker than big guys. Who was the last ruckmen to make a big impression in there 2nd yyear of footy as a 19 or 20 yr old?

And re my comment about Jetta, i wasn't being serious hence the wink.

Why because Hampson is going to win it? Please give me a break. We all know smaller players develope quicker than big guys. Who was the last ruckmen to make a big impression in there 2nd yyear of footy as a 19 or 20 yr old?

And re my comment about Jetta, i wasn't being serious hence the wink.
Don't let TheBrownDog hear you say that, Leuenberger all but has the 2008 Rising Star award sewn up.

Don't let TheBrownDog hear you say that, Leuenberger all but has the 2008 Rising Star award sewn up.
To me he (Leunberger) whilst being impressive won't be dominant enough to win the award. The KP taken last year have done sweat **** all so far and i think some clubs supporters may look a bit stupid in a few years. Not all of them are going to be superstars of the competition. North supporters think Hansen is the next Scarlett, Essendon fans think Gumbleton is the next Pavlich, Hawks have been comparing Thorp to Carey and Brown, Brisbane Leunberger to Cox etc. In reality it just doesn't work like that. Sure they all are huge talents hence why they were taken early but that doesnt gaurantee they will be stars. Even then how many of those players i mentioned made a big impact in thier 2nd years of footy?

The smart money is on a midfielder type like Armitage, Jetta, Grigg, Hislop, Proud, Houli, Dempsey, Edwards, Petterd etc.

To me he (Leunberger) whilst being impressive won't be dominant enough to win the award. The KP taken last year have done sweat **** all so far and i think some clubs supporters may look a bit stupid in a few years. Not all of them are going to be superstars of the competition. North supporters think Hansen is the next Scarlett, Essendon fans think Gumbleton is the next Pavlich, Hawks have been comparing Thorp to Carey and Brown, Brisbane Leunberger to Cox etc. In reality it just doesn't work like that. Sure they all are huge talents hence why they were taken early but that doesnt gaurantee they will be stars. Even then how many of those players i mentioned made a big impact in thier 2nd years of footy?

The smart money is on a midfielder type like Armitage, Jetta, Grigg, Hislop, Proud, Houli, Dempsey, Edwards, Petterd etc.
I'd put money on Andrejs Everitt if I was a gambling man because he's the next Scarlett.

It's the hair. ;)

Koschitzke(I think he played CHB the year he won it :confused:) and Riewoldt won the rising star award, so I can't think of a good reason why Everitt can't win the rising star award playing as a rebounding defender. Proud and O'Keefe are dark horses for the award, but I'd love to see Joe Anderson to repeat the effort of another indigenous defender who was a tough player and win the rising star award. :thumbsu:

Joe Anderson and Byron Pickett were selected with pick 67 in their respective drafts. :cool:

It's a stupid award anyway. May as well call it the 'downhill skier' award. - See Selwood winning it over Pendlebury, and Rivers winning it by doing his best Jason Cloke impersonation.

It's a popularity contest like the All Australian awards.

I guess he's just pumping up the odds.

Was average on Friday night.

King is a smart ruckman and jump into Hampson just as Hampson was leaping and negated his jump. Very effective and good for Shaun's development. Hopefully this week he'll work on changing his angles a bit to avoid that type of play.

Had a good game in the first half then drifted out of it.

Should cause Hille and Laycock some problems, especially if he runs forward which I'd like him to do. Kicks well for goal (although all his shots have been more or less directly in front), and will be hard to stop on a lead or overhead.:thumbsu:

Still think he will make a run at the rising star this year, but Palmer is off to a flyer.:thumbsu:

How good was Shaun when he won a contested ball at ground level by going in hard and getting the ball out of danger? :thumbsu:

Leuenberger didn't look that agile or aware when the ball was on the deck in their forwardline after he tapped it down. He was ball watching when a Collingwood player won the ball easily and ran it out of defence to take the ball down the ground.

I thought he was quick.

Both Kreuzer and Hampson look very good when the ball is on the ground and have great speed and agility for big men.

Is there any chance for Hampson to fit into your forward structure with Hartlett out?

I know with Kruezer and Cloke ahead of him, he isn't going to get a game in the ruck unless Kruezer is injured, so how does he go up forward?

He's got enormous potential to be a KP player. Perhaps not at this stage yet, but he'd definitely be a prospect.
Also, Brett Ratten has made it clear with Kreuzer, like what he's probably doing with Hamps right now, he'll ease them both into this season. So Hampson may not have to wait for an injury to Kreuz to get a chance in the ruck.
With our injuries, Hampson could well be a chance for Friday night against West Coast, maybe as a FP but probably not CHF.
It's yet another piece of bad luck for Harts, it would be terrific for him and this club if he can get his body (and hammies in particular) right, he's got huge potential.
Maybe Jake Edwards for CHF Friday night?

I have suggested earlier that Hampson play out of the square to see how he goes. Not many fullbacks will match his pace off the mark or go with him in the air. His kicking is good for a young ruckman.

I agree he won't be a CHF but push Fisher up the ground a little and rotate Hampson, Kreuzer and Cloke through the ruck and FP.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Blue fans, have Hampson in both DT/SC just as a bench player so my question is more out of interest than need.

What position has Hampson been playing with Cloke, him and Kruezer all playing in the same team?

Have they all been rotating through the forward line and ruck, or is Hampson being played purely as a ruckman with Cloke, and Kruezer up forward after kicking 3 last week?

Do you see Hampson playing many more games this year? Seems that he has cemented his spot for the next 4-5 games or so, with Kruezer being given a rest sooner than later.

Hey Blue fans, have Hampson in both DT/SC just as a bench player so my question is more out of interest than need.

What position has Hampson been playing with Cloke, him and Kruezer all playing in the same team?

Have they all been rotating through the forward line and ruck, or is Hampson being played purely as a ruckman with Cloke, and Kruezer up forward after kicking 3 last week?

Do you see Hampson playing many more games this year? Seems that he has cemented his spot for the next 4-5 games or so, with Kruezer being given a rest sooner than later.

I think he will keep a spot in the team for the rest of the year, injury and suspension prevailing. We need to get him games and develop him, and whilst kreuzer is an option forward he will rotate thru the ruck with Cloke.

I've got him on my bench too.
Should play the year out barring REALLY bad form and injury/suspension.

We are pinning our future ruck hopes on him and MK so he just needs to play and learn.
He has shown he won't get bullied by the bigger guys, so he will stick it out.
Hampson tends to ruck and bench with very little time up forward (see my earlier post - would like to see him up there more), and other than last week Kreuzer was similar.

9/8/08 V Port

car_por_02_gallery__266x400.jpg

:thumbsu:

Haha, great pic :thumbsu:

He's got a lot of potential for sure, and I thought he had a pretty good game.

He's also surprisingly quick.

Haha, great pic :thumbsu:

He's got a lot of potential for sure, and I thought he had a pretty good game.

He's also surprisingly quick.

surprisingly???

he has always been quick...actually one of the quickest in the team!!

If only he had laid the tackle instead of pushing in the back...........:D

Great chase, and a bright future.

I thought he presented well around the ground. Looked nervous when disposing of the footy........whent his kid gets some confidence he will be a real handful.:thumbsu:

2-3 year project.

surprisingly???

he has always been quick...actually one of the quickest in the team!!

Yeah it's just that I never see VFL and I've never been very familier with him.

Kade Simpson on the Sunday Footy Show yesterday was saying Hammer is one of the fastest in the team as well.

Amazing for a 200cm man. He and Kreuz are certainly gonna be a real handful :thumbsu:

Both big and very athletic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back