Shaun Higgins 2019 Highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

If you look at it we traded 38 and Fogarty for Higgins (carlton gave us 30 which we passed to north) and pick 51 (became pick 47 nick stevens). So essentially a late R2 for higgins and swapped fog for another kid. Its probably slight overs for a 33yo but not by a lot and i would definitely say its likely north are paying part of his wages which helps.
Its only slight overs if you didnt rate fogarty. I didnt. But i thought you rated him quite highly?

Its only slight overs if you didnt rate fogarty. I didnt. But i thought you rated him quite highly?

I do rate fog as he is a good pressure player and can really find the footy (just hope carlton put him in midfield not forward) but our list has a lot of that type by contrast we lack players with class footskills and higgins is that so its a good trade. List management is about trading out what you have an excess of and trading in what you have a shortage of.

I do rate fog as he is a good pressure player and can really find the footy (just hope carlton put him in midfield not forward) but our list has a lot of that type by contrast we lack players with class footskills and higgins is that so its a good trade. List management is about trading out what you have an excess of and trading in what you have a shortage of.
But our list lacks talented players under 27 and has plenty over 30. From a list management perspective keeping young players and not getting more older players is good for list management. And thats even before we account for the fact Fog would provide 10 plus years (if he was a good talent as you believe) whilst higgins only adds 1-2 Years.

But our list lacks talented players under 27 and has plenty over 30. From a list management perspective keeping young players and not getting more older players is good for list management. And thats even before we account for the fact Fog would provide 10 plus years (if he was a good talent as you believe) whilst higgins only adds 1-2 Years.

I mean we have plenty of young players under 25 (stacks) the quality is the issue and time will tell there. Some players simply have their path blocked at a club that has too many of that type (see josh kennedy at hawthorn) but will do elsewhere. If he wasnt going to play for us in the next 3 years and higgins helps us win a flag inside 3 years its a win. Clearly the club thinks the window is now so we traded out a player who isnt best 22 for one who is but has less years left. I agree its a gamble but i think its a fair one to take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back