Remove this Banner Ad

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Cats linked to Higgins only worth pick 25 - 30 but let North supporters tell us how he is worth more.....

If North could get a top 20 pick I think they'd consider it.

This.

May end up as part of the Kelly deal to alleviate the loss for Geelong.

Contracted for 2020 but wants to extend now for two more years. North offering one at this stage. From that he is apparently off to the Cats

He will be 33 at start of the 2021 season. North shouldn't extend now, a bad run of injuries next year and hes finished.

I think Higgans is a great player but Geelong should just not do it. I am sure Higgins is just doing it for a contract extension and has no intention of leaving. Geelong have problems in other areas; recruiting an almost 30 year old is not the answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If North could get a top 20 pick I think they'd consider it.

You'd be silly not to. Higgins is still fantastic, but his kicking and speed seem to be getting worse over time.

I think Higgans is a great player but Geelong should just not do it. I am sure Higgins is just doing it for a contract extension and has no intention of leaving. Geelong have problems in other areas; recruiting an almost 30 year old is not the answer.

I think the perspective from Geelong is that they're in the premiership window, and Higgins could be an icing on the cake. Not sure there's any substance to this rumour, though.

He's 31 even older than Jack Steven.

You wont get a top 20 pick for a 31yo.

North would be better off making him see out his contract then. I don't reckon there's much in this outside of media/manager beatup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back