Rumour Shaun Rehn...

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
...was spotted meeting with Neil Craig and Stephen Trigg at Cafe Buongiorno at Unley this afternoon.

What was it about you ask? I don't know.

But let's draw conclusions: Rehn is coming back as ruck coach next season leaving Doc Clarke to continue his work with hamsters and guinea pigs.

And when Malcolm Blight was seen recently eating with Craigy and Triggy it seemed certain that Blighty was coming back!!! Come on people!! Neil, Shaun and Triggy are mates from way back...why should they not be able to catch up when they are all in town together!

One of the best things about these 72 games is watching Rehn ruck.

I'd happily have him back as ruck coach, especially considering his success at Westies as head coach. He's also been out of the system long enough to offer some 'fresh' insight.

Am a bit disappointed that they drink at such shitholes like Buongiornos.

...was spotted meeting with Neil Craig and Stephen Trigg at Cafe Buongiorno at Unley this afternoon.

What was it about you ask? I don't know.

But let's draw conclusions: Rehn is coming back as ruck coach next season leaving Doc Clarke to continue his work with hamsters and guinea pigs.

Interesting, because Rehn always said after failing to get the gig as Crows coach back in 04-05 that he could never work under Craigy, perhaps a change of heart?

IIRC worked under Matthews up in Brisbane for a couple of years, which coupled with his coaching experience with Westies and obvious playing ability, would be a great person to have on our coaching panel. Always seemed to get the most out of Ben Marsh whilst he was at Westies, perhaps he could be the one to take our young ruckman to the next level? Maybe teach them how to take a grab too;)

But Carl how will this effect your transcripts will be losing a bit of material there lol

There were rumours about Doc Clarke leaving last year but he stayed. If Doc leaves I hope they speak to other ruck coaches as well as Shaun Rehn.
Does anyone know whats going on with David Noble in regards to the Brisbane job offer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They spoke to him on mmm earlier in the year about 1.5 - 2 months back if i remeber correctly and asked him about potentially coaching. From what i can remember he said something along the lines of if he was going to move from where he is now it would be back to adelaide and that he wouldnt rule out the idea of a coaching role.

Jenny: err Mr Rehn.....Mr Rehn....

Shaun Rehn: Oh s**t...here she comes again.......Kids, get in the car, QUICK.

Actually, no. A quiet chat and a drink after the madness that was the post-match v Richmond on the Gold Coast. And matey, I'm older than he is... bugger this MR bit! ;)

There were rumours about Doc Clarke leaving last year but he stayed. If Doc leaves I hope they speak to other ruck coaches as well as Shaun Rehn.
Does anyone know whats going on with David Noble in regards to the Brisbane job offer?

Noble missed out on the job, it was annouced the Monday following our game against the Lions....

IMO given the fact Noble has declared his desire to move to a administration role the club will not continue with Noble in a coaching role in 2011 and dont be :eek: if we see Goody move straight into an assistant role.

My understanding is that the club has also offered Birdman a role in the Conditioning Dept, however I not sure if Birdman has accepted the role

Doc and his media plus his Vet stuff.... mmmmm
Maybe he's looking to move on to?

However, I am REALLY REALLY hoping this does not in ANY way coincide with the fact that Primus WAS the ruck coach at Port. Pitman going there was bad enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back