Universal Love "Shave for Doc" Fundraising Day, 8th October 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

$172, 000 raised on the Peter Mac site (not counting others raising i.e. Cheersquad so even more to come). Simply incredible and so humbling. So proud to be part of the Blues family - Talk about making a positive out of a horrible situation. Well done all!!!
Get well soon Doch!!

doc looks sick.........
Chemo really does knock you about. My old man was always small and wiry. Didn't have an awful lot of weight that he could afford to lose, but he was rake thin by the end of it. Didn't help that also had to have a radical gastrectomy.
Ironic that you have a pump a body full of poison to kill something that will otherwise kill you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got a shock when I saw the first pic of him...don't know what I was expecting. I can't imagine how much chemo would knock you about.
Yeah, the first one they posted the other day, I literally scrolled past before having a lightbulb moment and scrolling back up.

This absolutely warms my heart. We may have different opinions on so many things, but I think we can all agree on telling this horrible thing where we’d like it to go.

Like so many while I haven’t experienced cancer, I’ve seen far too many people I care about suffer in its grasp. I lost one of my oldest friends at only 28 to cancer, and now I’m stuck interstate as my beautiful mum is battling this horrible beast - having also lost both her sister and father to it.

Anything we can that may help lessen or even avoid the pain and suffering for good people like Doc (and their loved ones) now and into the future has my infinite support.

Chemo really does knock you about. My old man was always small and wiry. Didn't have an awful lot of weight that he could afford to lose, but he was rake thin by the end of it. Didn't help that also had to have a radical gastrectomy.
Ironic that you have a pump a body full of poison to kill something that will otherwise kill you.
Seen my brother and father go through it (chemo) and it really does knock you about.

Looking at that pic just reinforces for me how much better everyone looks in the navy blue. Good on SPS for showing his support of his former skipper and well done WCE for getting in behind it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back