Shaving

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought a safety razor jobby out of China for a few dollars
The thing is too good
I like to run a blunt razor over my head while having a shower, no looking and no fear of loosing my lips, nose or ears.
This works real well but I would be bleeding for a week if I tried shaving blind in the shower with it.

People who get beard rash here is the somple solution. No need for after shave rip off concoctions.
Shave in the shower so you can wash the soap off THOROUGHLY under the running shower. Use your hands until your skin feels no longer slippery at all. That's it! no more beard rash guaranteed. (Unless you forget to wash soap off properly)

Finally making the move away from cheap quality yet expensive cartridge razors with the purchase of a Merkur 34C double edge razor and a sampler box of 50 DE blades. Pretty excited to give it a go and can't believe it's taken me this long. Results to follow!

Finally making the move away from cheap quality yet expensive cartridge razors with the purchase of a Merkur 34C double edge razor and a sampler box of 50 DE blades. Pretty excited to give it a go and can't believe it's taken me this long. Results to follow!

Looking forward to the update

I am finding that if I use my fusion blades more than 4 or 5 times I start getting ingrown hairs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear I once read that they are generally exactly the same, apart from having a different handle designed more for use on the body instead of the face.

Well for me they didnt feel as good.. idk. I like the Venus.

And always shave in the bath >>>> shower. Gives you a much better shave + it lasts longer.

New convert to proper DE razor wet shaving here. Recently ordered a Muhle R89 and silvertip badger brush (buy once, cry once hopefully), some Taylor's cream and a sample pack of blades.

I've always been a Mach 3 user until this year when I tried to switch to electric shavers. Bought a cheapish one earlier in the year and then a proper expensive one but never warmed to them. They don't work very well on my face and I always ended up going over the same spots again and again to try get bits they were missing - used to take me ages, and then I'd end up giving up and quickly running the Mach 3 over to finish. Plus they work best if you use them daily - I can't be bothered with that and I like to grow a little stubble for a day or two between shaves anyway.

Anyway, had my first attempt with my new DE kit tonight after doing my research on technique and I found it surprisingly fast and easy. Getting a good lather took a bit more effort than I expected (face lathering) but I only needed one WTG pass and one XTG pass to get a perfectly adequate shave. Not super-smooth, but fine for work and better than I expected for a first attempt.

I started with the mildest blade in my pack (Parker) and I'll work my way up til I get to the fabled Feathers.

It's a very satisfying way to shave compared to noisy electric shavers, I can see why people say the ritual becomes meditative for them.

New convert to proper DE razor wet shaving here. Recently ordered a Muhle R89 and silvertip badger brush (buy once, cry once hopefully), some Taylor's cream and a sample pack of blades.

I started with the mildest blade in my pack (Parker) and I'll work my way up til I get to the fabled Feathers.

It's a very satisfying way to shave compared to noisy electric shavers, I can see why people say the ritual becomes meditative for them.

Currently working my way through the sample blades at the moment to find the one that best fits my skin and the Merkur 34C razor.

Definitely agree it's become a meditative exercise, it's put the fun back into shaving and the results speak for themselves in terms of better shave quality and overall satisfaction

I love it when its been so long between shaves, I can't remember what my face looks like. I finally went clean shaven last night, might try to shave a bit more regularly from now on.

A day later post-shave and I'm honestly already noticing a big difference.

The reason I tried switching to electric is because cartridge razor shaving has always left me prone to irritation around the cheeks and lumps and ingrown hairs around my neck. I've always had pretty thick, curlyish hair so I thought in-grown hairs was just my lot in life.

But 24 hours after my DE shave there isn't the slightest hint of any bumpiness or in-grown hairs and the emerging stubble looks and feels very even and consistent. My face feels so much better too after using the proper Taylor's cream last night instead of the usual cheap gel out of a can.

So after 4 incident-free shaves I got a bit too cocky and started thinking I was better at this than I am.

On my last pass tonight I upped the pace... and well... I quickly learnt why 'slowly, slowly' is the mantra while you're still honing your technique.

Havent shaved my face for years, just get a beard trim when at the barbers.
For other parts I use Nair and/or whatever razor I find on special.

Where did you buy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back