Sheeds must be licking his lips

Remove this Banner Ad

Vass38

All Australian
May 31, 2010
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Sheeds must be licking his lips at the prospect of Fevola and other bad boyz of the AFL mucking up. History says that half a dozen or so players reputations get severaly tarnished each year and as a result theri names get bandied around come trade time, and a few players get suspended or even sacked by their clubs.
Can you imagine Fev getting the boot from the Lions now or at some stage during the year when he mucks up again, and then lining up at full forward for the Giants at 2012 under the tutorlidge or Sheedy, an Andy Lovett bursting down a wing, or other club misfits getting a second lease of life at the Giants......

Sheedy has given players a new lease of life in the past - but I think Fevola is beyond help. I don't want him at the Giants bringing the name of our club into the gutter.

Sheedy has given players a new lease of life in the past - but I think Fevola is beyond help. I don't want him at the Giants bringing the name of our club into the gutter.

yep - fair call I dont blame you. but if anyone is capable of turning the fev around I reckon Sheedys your man. Probably wont happen though but you never know with the old fox sheeds...

Nah, to be fair I reckon every club was interested if he could get his act together at the Lions, and since it's quite apparent that he's struggling I doubt any other club would consider him.
To be honest, a new AFL club isn't going to want to risk their reputation on characters who have already bought other clubs into disrepute.

Hi people. First of all as a lover of the game of Australian Football I'd like to wish all the very best for GWS and hope you do succeed in your efforts to win over the people of Western Sydney. I also like the nickname Giants and your new guernsey colours (esp. the one with the orange in it) :thumbsu:

Just a quick question. I thought I read previously somewhere that un-contracted GC players are off limits to GWS as part of your concessions to recruit up to 16 players from other clubs. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Look forward to meeting you in the NAB Cup next month. I hear you've also picked up some exciting young guns so should make for interesting viewing to get a look at your (and our) guys in action.

Just a quick question. I thought I read previously somewhere that un-contracted GC players are off limits to GWS as part of your concessions to recruit up to 16 players from other clubs. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I haven't heard anywhere that they're out of bounds, and indeed the thought of poaching a GC talent as an uncontracted player at the end of next year when his rookie contract is up has crossed my mind. :D

Having said that, we don't know what's been hashed out by the AFL so there may be something behind closed doors, similar to the various 'updates' made by the AFL but not released to the general public on the GC's concessions, i.e. the ability to prelist anyone already on their list, the ability to take part in the PSD if they wanted to, etc. So nothing's concrete until the end of 2012 at this rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back