Coaching Staff Former Coach James Hird

Do you think Hird should coach Essendon again?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

X8KLN01b8aGUJaftox1APmCTtvVAC5HbziVMeq5RRIg.jpg

Flanagan coached a Premiership for the Sharkies after being suspended.

Thinking of Hirdy, he'd probably start riding his pushy again and get knocked off and killed!!

Knowing Hirdy, he’d probably be pushing kids off their bikes into oncoming traffic.

1550574486079.gif We’ve finally (kind of) rid ourselves of the drug stench that has lingered over the club since 2012. We’ve put together a solid list that looks to have as good a chance at success as we’ve had in near on two decades. We’ve got a tried and tested premiership winning coach who has the boys playing for him; and this is the rubbish sections of the supporter base are pitching........* me dead.

Last edited:

If Hird has a future in football it should be on helping players balance their life with their football. He did it well as a player and has more to offer people in business and life than on the football field. If some football knowledge is passed on in that capacity no harm.

Other than that let him make his millions and keep him and his family out of the press.

Love hirdy and believe he got thrown under the bus big time also believe he is a pretty decent coach, but not in a million ******* years
My thoughts exactly. He actually had us playing a decent brand of football in 2013 before it became evident we'd be thrown out of finals.

But we've moved on now. I don't mind him returning in a non-coaching role, but as head coach? Nah

People getting triggerd over at the main board rofl the way some carry on you think Hird murderd some one.

Bunch of snowflakes.
MAGA = Make Essendon Great Again!!!

People getting triggerd over at the main board rofl the way some carry on you think Hird murderd some one.

Bunch of snowflakes.
It's just hatred. Ninety nine percent of them don't have the faintest clue what their talking about yet are allowed to sprout their bullshit on a public forum. The problem of social media these days...

I questioned the wisdom first time round. He wasn't experienced as an assistant, so to step into the senior role was gonna take something fairly special for him to succeed.
And we've now had a taste of his senior coaching abilities (2011 and a bit of 2012. we'll ignore the rest).
Whilst it was an improvement, we really didn't make too many strides.

I think he's a great person to help develop the players and relate to them in terms of building their capabilities and adapting to the game.
Just not 100% convinced he has the nous to take us to a flag.

Asst coach - for sure.
Senior gig...less so.

Pity this has sort of become a thing on the eve of a new season. Sheeds probably has the best of intentions but I don't think I'm alone in not wanting to hear about it, now or anytime soon. If Hird was to return to coaching then fine, but we didn't need all this discussion about it, the footy public don't need to be conditioned for his return. Just slot him in somewhere, (my only proviso is not at Essendon, not yet anyway), make the announcement & get on with it. Whichever club does employ Hird is going to cop a ration of s**t from some of their supporter base, surprise, surprise, that's part of the package.

Pity this has sort of become a thing on the eve of a new season. Sheeds probably has the best of intentions but I don't think I'm alone in not wanting to hear about it, now or anytime soon. If Hird was to return to coaching then fine, but we didn't need all this discussion about it, the footy public don't need to be conditioned for his return. Just slot him in somewhere, (my only proviso is not at Essendon, not yet anyway), make the announcement & get on with it. Whichever club does employ Hird is going to cop a ration of s**t from some of their supporter base, surprise, surprise, that's part of the package.
I'm sure of nothing on this thread other than the fact that he will never coach any club other than Essendon. Why on earth would another club make such a controversial move? The only reason we would take him back is because we believe he was innocent and was treated unfairly. Honestly though, much as i'd love to shove it up the AFL (and apparently some supporters here), i think the best thing for him must surely be to create another life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just hatred. Ninety nine percent of them don't have the faintest clue what their talking about yet are allowed to sprout their bullshit on a public forum. The problem of social media these days...

Yep social media is destroying society wasn't like this when facebook,twitter etc didn't exist.

Kids in schools don't even chat face to face anymore they rather txt each other.

Back