Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Theres a fair bit on empathy in a paper on the building of the Richmond 2017 Premiership team - "We don't want to be fake" - Nicholas Pollock. Rutten is mentioned in it.apparently but i couldn't find where.scrolling through on the phone.

I would very much doubt Sheedy has his wires crossed. He just won't hide it as well as the others. Brasher said on SEN that he 'thinks Rutten will be taking up Sheedy's offer'- this is despite them apparently barely knowing each other. What does that tell you about how optional the 'mentorship' is?

They aren't bringing Sheedy onto the board to conflict with anything they want to do. He's a safe seat and a great pitch to supporters. They will all be on the same page here - Pro Dodoro (they have both defended Dodoro in the last few days) and and Campbell....everyone's actually doing a great job just wait for next year etc. This looks far more like a batton change than a revolution and that should suprise nobody. .
Maybe I'm not that cynical. I'll take it on face value for now.

This seemed the best thread to post this.

Sitting down with a beer about to watch Geelong Vs Port Adelaide and thinking how sick I am of watching other teams in finals. So jealous.

Hope a new president can contribute to changing this.

This seemed the best thread to post this.

Sitting down with a beer about to watch Geelong Vs Port Adelaide and thinking how sick I am of watching other teams in finals. So jealous.

Hope a new president can contribute to changing this.
I WILL HOLD HIM RESPONSIBLE REGARDLESS

covid 19. You'd think that most other clubs would have a drop...?
Nah we were by far the biggest to drop in pure numbers. Some clubs gained, some clubs had moderate drops. We dropped about 18K in members.
The AFL in total lost about 65K and we were almost 20K of that.

For reference (and as posted in the previous page):

Hawthorn dropped only 5K
Collingwood dropped about 9K which is half of what we dropped
West Coast gained 10K
Richmond lost 3K
Carlton gained 3K
St Kilda gained 5K
Geelong dropped about 3K
North dropped 4K

Sydney were the next biggest with a drop of 13K. Melbourne also dropped 12K.

It's likely that we'll post a significant loss this year and the club probably senses that we can't afford to have another significant drop next year.

Nah we were by far the biggest to drop in pure numbers. Some clubs gained, some clubs had moderate drops. We dropped about 18K in members.
The AFL in total lost about 65K and we were almost 20K of that.

For reference:

Hawthorn dropped only 5K
Collingwood dropped about 9K which is half of what we dropped
West Coast gained 10K
Richmond lost 3K
Carlton gained 3K
St Kilda gained 5K
Geelong dropped about 3K
North dropped 4K

Sydney were the next biggest with a drop of 13K. Melbourne also dropped 12K.

It's likely that we'll post a significant loss this year and the club probably senses that we can't afford to have another significant drop next year.

Actually, yes. Many other clubs have had a drop in members which could probably be put down to covid. You've even quoted some of them with your incomplete list that excludes Sydney and Melbourne who had a larger percentage drop than we did!

Actually, yes. Many other clubs have had a drop in members which could probably be put down to covid. You've even quoted some of them with your incomplete list that excludes Sydney and Melbourne who had a larger percentage drop than we did!
Yeah but I'm more focused on the magnitude of drop rather than just a drop.

I did mention Sydney (13K) and Melbourne (12K). I'm not having a go at the club or anything. It's natural to drop members if you have a bad year. I'm just stating what happened.

Also, Sydney and Melbourne aren't really comparable to our situation because both would have lost a lot of members before the COVID stuff went down. They finished bottom 4 last year after playing finals the year before. Naturally that'll cause some people to abandon the ship. Sydney because it's the end of an era and Melbourne because they've persistently disappointed their fans. Remember, Melbourne dropped from a Prelim to 17th and Sydney from 6th to 15th. It's sort of like us if we start next year badly.

We played finals last year so it's strange how most other teams dropped about 3K-5K. The two that had disappointing years last year can be explained. Collingwood (9K) is also above the generally drop in members, but we're literally double their drop.

I think Hawthorn is probably a better comparison considering we were both around the mark last year and dropped this year. For them to lose 5K and us to lose 18K is a little concerning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but I'm more focused on the magnitude of drop rather than just a drop.

I did mention Sydney (13K) and Melbourne (12K). I'm not having a go at the club or anything. It's natural to drop members if you have a bad year. I'm just stating what happened.

Also, Sydney and Melbourne aren't really comparable to our situation because both would have lost a lot of members before the COVID stuff went down. They finished bottom 4 last year after playing finals the year before. Naturally that'll cause some people to abandon the ship. Sydney because it's the end of an era and Melbourne because they've persistently disappointed their fans. Remember, Melbourne dropped from a Prelim to 17th and Sydney from 6th to 15th. It's sort of like us if we start next year badly.

We played finals last year so it's strange how most other teams dropped about 3K-5K. The two that had disappointing years last year can be explained. Collingwood (9K) is also above the generally drop in members, but we're literally double their drop.

I think Hawthorn is probably a better comparison considering we were both around the mark last year and dropped this year. For them to lose 5K and us to lose 18K is a little concerning.
Sorry dude. The figures in the thread are wrong anyway (percentages and membership figures) but I thought you were pulling me up because I questioned whether Covid has led to reductions in memberships.

Sorry dude. The figures in the thread are wrong anyway (percentages and membership figures) but I thought you were pulling me up because I questioned whether Covid has led to reductions in memberships.
Oh no not at all. Of course COVID had an impact on every club. For some it means they lost more than usual. For others, they gained less than usual.

clock is surely ticking on Campbell.

Football is not looking good
players leaving
And membership takes a massive hit.
If it’s not clicking on dodoro why should it on Campbell?
wInning games provides hope and hope boosts memberships
we are In trouble

I’m very comfortable with Sheeds joining the Board - I’m sure he won’t interfere at all in operations.....

ff8364bc112d81e1f1f1922e5fa3ccd1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back