Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

You dont even need a newspaper to know theres division off field.

Its just impossible for players to be so bad they cant win a final in 15years, it has to be off field issues.

Caro asked about his relationship with Dan Richardson and all Sheeds said was I don’t know him that well. Caro said oh but you know his dad and Sheeds again said I don’t know him that well. Somehow that got Carl’s back up and she said he was combative! Weird

Caro asked about his relationship with Dan Richardson and all Sheeds said was I don’t know him that well. Caro said oh but you know his dad and Sheeds again said I don’t know him that well. Somehow that got Carl’s back up and she said he was combative! Weird

Goes both ways. They’ve never liked each other.

its pretty easy to note where the club is angling

they pushed all the want away players to make their call early so they could get it out in the media and wear the brunt - with a quick backhand on the way out

now that that has happened they have moved quickly to erase the down memories by announcing young guns resigning one after the other, if you listen to all three players talk they have all mentioned we have a good group of young players that want success together - none ever mentions the steadying or mentoring of the elder brigade- or that we have a good mix of youth and experience... the common cliche answer- I reckon the divide is real and we will see a sudden uptick in our fortunes once tbell, hooker, hurls, zaka and co are gone and the next wave of 'leaders' takes over the mantle

its funny, we always said why isnt hurls captain? why not hooker? - im pretty sure its becoming apparent

its pretty easy to note where the club is angling

they pushed all the want away players to make their call early so they could get it out in the media and wear the brunt - with a quick backhand on the way out

now that that has happened they have moved quickly to erase the down memories by announcing young guns resigning one after the other, if you listen to all three players talk they have all mentioned we have a good group of young players that want success together - none ever mentions the steadying or mentoring of the elder brigade- or that we have a good mix of youth and experience... the common cliche answer- I reckon the divide is real and we will see a sudden uptick in our fortunes once tbell, hooker, hurls, zaka and co are gone and the next wave of 'leaders' takes over the mantle

its funny, we always said why isnt hurls captain? why not hooker? - im pretty sure its becoming apparent

What is strange is also we are hearing next to nothing about or from our Captain, unless ive missed the major stuff. Lot of comments about Merrett being left out when mentioning the future of the club, but Hep has barely got a mention, in fact his media presence has dropped of a cliff.

What is strange is also we are hearing next to nothing about or from our Captain, unless ive missed the major stuff. Lot of comments about Merrett being left out when mentioning the future of the club, but Hep has barely got a mention, in fact his media presence has dropped of a cliff.
Just a quick member video posted to the club website two days after the season ended. Nothing else.

They are all on leave at the moment though so that’s understandable, and I think their media commitments were reduced in exchange for salary cuts, hubs and condensed fixtures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at his social media he has been on holiday along the NSW north coast.

It’s great imo. I’m loving the communication after the radio silence we’re used to for many years now. Hope they keep it up.

I just learned direct from the club

- Merrett is going nowhere
- Smith is going nowhere
- The Pres and footy board members are reviewing and speaking to people

As a member I want to know all that.

It’s great imo. I’m loving the communication after the radio silence we’re used to for many years now. Hope they keep it up.

I just learned direct from the club

- Merrett is going nowhere
- Smith is going nowhere
- The Pres and footy board members are reviewing and speaking to people

As a member I want to know all that.

Absolutely, man. They all want the same thing we do.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Im pleasantly surprised. I might be changing my mind and if this continues I will thankfully be proven wrong on my initial judgement.

He is communicating with members well so far. I am getting to know him better :heavycheck:
Paul again acknowledged short comings and mistakes at the club - and is engaging all in an attempt to help fix problems :heavycheck:
He defended the club against rumours, innuendo and the scurrilous media. It just has to be done in a 24/7 news cycle :heavycheck:
He addressed player movements in a very professional manner :heavycheck:
Defended the remaining staff (membership dept in particular) and reminded ppl on how to behave in difficult times :heavycheck:
Maintained consistency with a positive outlook for next year :heavycheck:

Again the proof is in actions and not words. Honesty, direction, determination, dedication, good communication are a few aspects to good leadership and that engages and inspires those below. Im seeing some of these traits and its good to see. Time will tell of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back