Universal Love Sheedy returns home to Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Got me convinced he's pushing for the Good Friday match.

That thought did cross my mind.

Being allocated that game at the expense of other teams would amuse me greatly.....

he's shitting me to tears with his christian rubbish. Complete ******* horseshit, and it will only alienate people even more. Once, yeah it was off the cuff. But it's not. It's an agenda he's running. Seriously, **** it off Sheeds
Totally agree Sheeds we brought you back to help the club not sprout that rubbish.

With these Christian references I wonder how long before he mentions one of his old talking points that he was a Catholic going to a largely Protestant Club.

Speaking of, can we please go back to our Protestant frugality that was synonymous with us being a stable club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like that description a lot.

I find it disappointing that some are ' meh ' about Sheedy's return. It's a coup for the club and shows that his home is Essendon.

Kevin Sheedy says he should have left Essendon five years before he was sacked
  • JON RALPH
  • HERALD SUN
  • MARCH 12, 2015 7:00PM
Kevin Sheedy honoured by GWS Giants
external

392249-28ef72b6-c883-11e4-b315-22a5c9651e5e.jpg

Kevin Sheedy returned Essendon headquarters at Tullamarine. Picture: Wayne Ludbey

KEVIN Sheedy says he won’t return to senior coaching under any circumstance, revealing he should have left Essendon five years before he was sacked in 2007.

Sheedy believes the disastrous 2002 trade that cost Essendon Blake Caracella, Chris Heffernan and Justin Blumfield was so destructive he too should have left the club.

The 27-year Bombers coach returned to the club on Thursday for the first time since late 2007, employed in a marketing role that has no football department involvement.

The 67-year-old says he never expected to be back, but has made the firm decision not to return as a coach anywhere despite his decades of experience.

While he was voted out 10-1 by the Essendon board in 2007, he says in fact he should have followed Caracella, Blumfield and Heffernan out the door.

They were traded at the end of 2002 after Essendon miscalculated the veteran eligibility rules, with Matthew Lloyd saying last year it “ripped the heart out of our footy club”.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...re-he-was-sacked/story-fni5f6kv-1227260392539

Remove this Banner Ad

Back