Sheedy Sacked: Where will he go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Re: If Richmond want Sheeds, Wallace will be sacked soon!

Personally I think Richmond should move heaven and earth to get Sheedy for 3 years. It would pump the place up like nothing else could. Members, sponsors, broadcast deals etc would all fly.
And how long do you think that will last?
Essendon more or less said it themselves.They have no faith in Sheeds when it comes to rebuilding a team list.

Gasbope

Cancelled
Sep 12, 2006
Northern Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Re: Sheedy to the Dees

I think the only team Sheedy will be coaching next year will be Victoria in the State of Origin if it gets the go ahead. If not that then Victoria in the EJ Whitten game.

vinnie

Team Captain
Feb 8, 2007
Tweed Heads
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory,Chelsea
I heard from a reliable source the Sheed's might be joining Melbourne Victory as an assistant fitness coach.

I'll believe it when I see it.

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Re: Sheedy and Harvey...... straight swap?

He is a very cute boy I'll give you that. He has brooding good looks like that old bird's boyfriend on Sex & The City. That underwear model one.

P.S. Why am I lucky?

Maybe he thinks Harvey might go around to your place, and give you a right rogering :thumbsu:

Harvey : Senior coach

Sheeds : Football Director

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
I heard from a reliable source the Sheed's might be joining Melbourne Victory as an assistant fitness coach.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I heard that he will be lead soprano for the Australian Opera - either that or coach of the friggen Matildas

whelan=legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor
Sep 9, 2006
Best Young Side Land
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat
I remember essendon "supporters" telling melb fans what a disgrace we were when we sacked daniher.

daniher who got us to 1 gf and won us 0 of our 12 premierships

and you sack sheedy who has got you to 7 gf's won you 4 of your 16.

Disgrace essendon, disgrace

Macpie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 11, 2001
Beyond Melbourne
Other Teams
MIGHTY PIES
I remember essendon "supporters" telling melb fans what a disgrace we were when we sacked daniher.

i remember them telling us that sheeds would stay as long as he wanted - oops

j-ham

Premiership Player
May 11, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton

Melbourne should be targeting Sheeds. Obviously Essedon are stalling, I would love to see someone like Sheeds take over at the Dee's. Knows more about the game than anyone else in the box, knows how to get the best out of his younger players, knows how to build a premiership side...

Sheeds is the man. Voss is a #@#%% knowit all.

You've changed your tune pretty fast champ.

First you said:
Voss is already a dee. Guarantee it.

Do you also Guarantee DVD's from Bali?

Then:
Voss has been putting in a lot of hours down at demonland over the past four weeks - tips of a detailed five year plan is already in place - I wonder about any contracts.

Voss obviously is the coach in waiting at Carlton, so he's all of a sudden no good? You're fickle, even by Melbourne supporter standards.

whelan=legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor
Sep 9, 2006
Best Young Side Land
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat

i reckon you guys will keep ratten. i have no idea why you wouldnt. but if you dont keep him we will gladly take him off your hands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan26

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Werribee
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams

So, what do you propose Essendon do instead? Have him coach forever?

At some point it has to end, and when it does end, it's going to "seem" unfair. But that's always the way it is going to seem when a coach for 27 years does not have his contract renewed. The only way it can not be a disgrace to you, is if just coaches forever, which is a stupid suggestion.

The longer a person coaches, the more emotional the departure. I'm not convinced letting him go was the right move, but I can understand the rationale behind the decision.

There is no "right" or wrong" with this decision. It's simply a decision that had to be made, and they chose to go a certain way. Keepng Sheedy wouldn't have been "right" or "wrong" either, it just would have been another option and a different path.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back