Rumour Sheedys game plan out of the bag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
sheedy lets game plan out of the bag..?

"To bring in 18 and 19-year-old boys and expect them to be marathon runners and perform at the elite level is a very difficult task, not only for the coaches but also for the young players."

"Sheedy said his side would eventually find a way to run out games."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ke...ping-gary-ablett/story-fndv8lf1-1226627206183

is sheedys plan to slow down the game at every opportunity? crazy if it isnt...they were 19 points ahead of the dees going into the last quarter. then conceded a record 12 goals. those kids just faded.

sheedy knows we are superfit. he knows he must preserve his players fitness. how does he do it? rest the kids at every opportunity. both on the field and off....

I hope that doesn't happen. An empty stadium, scrappy, clogged up, slow tempo, error riddled game out of Canberra between the new guys will be absolute media fodder. And probably rightly so.

• Banned
I hope that doesn't happen. An empty stadium, scrappy, clogged up, slow tempo, error riddled game out of Canberra between the new guys will be absolute media fodder. And probably rightly so.

i hope is not a dull game also. sheedy is concerned over his players stammina. i dont seeany other tactical way around it, except to slow the game?

i hope is not a dull game also. sheedy is concerned over his players stammina. i dont seeany other tactical way around it, except to slow the game?
Yeah exactly. Lots of stoppages. Locking it in...

If they try and play keeping a off we're right though I reckon. They don't have the foot skills and tactical nous to lead and create space properly. I see their best footy as more of a 'run and gun' style.

• Banned
Yeah exactly. Lots of stoppages. Locking it in...

If they try and play keeping a off we're right though I reckon. They don't have the foot skills and tactical nous to lead and create space properly. I see their best footy as more of a 'run and gun' style.

i agree. they are better off just having a crack. which they may well do. sheedy may TIME when to slow the game. in hindsight, he may well have only done it just before and including the final quarter last week, and perhaps in periods throughout. which may be the way he will come at us.

for 3/4 they had melbournes measure. (not that the dees are much of a measure) GWS arent going too bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back