Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Victoria on bonus points

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • New South on bonus points

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

*. This new system for deciding the final on bonus points in the event of a draw means I'm going to have to figure out the bonus points system, hey?

Anyone got a link that explains it in simple terms?

Also, I'm off work today and tomorrow and thought I might wander down. Two questions:

- do they charge an entry fee?
- anyone reckon they'd let you take a dog into the Junction?

edit: never mind, answered my own question

They've got this great informational page on the website, why the * don't they have any of this information - or at least a link to it - on their social media? Isn't facebook/twitter the first place people would look?

****. This new system for deciding the final on bonus points in the event of a draw means I'm going to have to figure out the bonus points system, hey?

Anyone got a link that explains it in simple terms?

Also, I'm off work today and tomorrow and thought I might wander down. Two questions:

- do they charge an entry fee?
- anyone reckon they'd let you take a dog into the Junction?

- I'm guessing fee is $5 or free after tea (that's what is was last game I went to)
- Not sure about dogs, I don't see why not but have no idea.

- Bonus Points:
- Batting; Every run past 200 in the first 100 overs is worth 0.01points (score of 300 = 1 point)
- Bowling; Every wicket in first 100 overs is worth 0.1points (10 wickets = 1 point)

Foxtel coverage looks decent so far, might head down later

Dean's 50odd in the previous match might've swayed their thinking, made them decide he was getting into form and the 5 bowlers is fairer than bringing in a bat who hasn't featured much all season.

Vics just need to see off Copeland and look to score off the other bowlers

Edit: Jesus christ Harris that was fortunate

*, what is this new rules stuff. Never knew anything different. Does this mean if there is a draw the side that did better in the match wins the Shield or does Vic as minor premier still hold the title if it is drawn over five days ?

****, what is this new rules stuff. Never knew anything different. Does this mean if there is a draw the side that did better in the match wins the Shield or does Vic as minor premier still hold the title if it is drawn over five days ?
If we get 5/330 off our first 100 and they get 6/345 and it's a draw they win. If it's tied on first innings we win.

Ok , so it is just in the event of game washed out and first innings is all they got through. Unlikely I guess. Over 5 days expect a result. Pattinson should win it for Vics. He is a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*whispers* I like the bonus points system in the event of the draw and find it really simple to understand.

*runs and hides from backlash*

In such circumstances the NSW first innings will mirror a makeshift one day match.
Pretty much. Good for us, let them chase the best attack in the shield
what's more important runs scored or wickets taken?
A wicket is worth 0.1 and a run after 200 is worth 0.01. You decide which is more important. If you're above 300 in the first 100 overs it plays a big part.

*whispers* I like the bonus points system in the event of the draw and find it really simple to understand.

*runs and hides from backlash*
No need to run and hide. Turned on the Kayo stream of it back to start where they show the points system and makes a lot of sense to encourage sides to not just bat forever in first innings. If Vics scored 8/680 off 180 overs over two days, it still makes the game interesting because NSW can still win if they can last to 100 overs and do a bit better than Vics did over their first 100 overs. But 5 day match almost certainly will get a result. Only a lot of rain would make the points system become more into play.

Back