Sheffield Shield Final: Victoria v South Australia @ Traeger Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the team who finishes 2nd can elect to choose at the toss whether to bat or bowl.

They should do away with the toss for every game and have the visiting team choose to bat or bowl first.

Agar is the most overhyped cricketer going around.
Only if Mitch Marsh and Pat Cummins wasn't around.....

O'Keefe is 9 years older than Agar and plays on a spin-friendly deck, you'd think his numbers would be better with maturity/experience/conditions on his side, but this is as good as he will get and it wasn't good enough to help us win, particularly disappointed with his batting efforts also.

Lol what! Cummins showed his quality in the last 2 tests! There is a reason he's rated
Couldn't bowl out the tail when needed though in the 3rd and 4th test.....

Pattinson shits all over him

Both are injury prone and will break down but give me Pattinson any day of the week.

Both are injury prone and will break down but give me Pattinson any day of the week.

Cummins has more tools and you will see it in the Ashes. He is ahead of Pattinson.

Nothing is more surer than him making runs under zero pressure lol
No, hardly any pressure with the 5 blokes round the bat & trying to salvage some pride for your state.

Plus according to nearly every post you've made about him "he can't play spin" so how he survived out there for so long against 2 spiners is obviously a miracle... or you talk a lot of s**t. One of those

winner winner chicken dinner!
AdorableWealthyAnophelesmosquito-size_restricted.gif

I'm sorry, that first sentence is the same logic (false logic) that makes me scratch my head at your Eriksen views. Weird way of thinking I must say.

Great resilience by the Vics this season. At times in the back half our prospects were beginning to dim. Nonetheless the players stayed focused on the cause and have another title to celebrate. Well done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If 3 years ago you'd have told me we'd win 3 shields in a row and Quiney, Ahmed and Dan Christian would be the mainstays of all 3 I'd have you committed.

Hell, in the first one of the threepeat Marcus Harris made a ton for WA...

Last edited:
Getting salty because it's a draw. They had their chance last year and completely blew it. Lol.
You can keep saying it, doesn't make it true. so I'll keep repeating what has been said.
I've got no problem in accepting that Victoria deserve the Shield, in fact if you read any of the thread you'll see most say you deserved the Shield for finishing top before playing a final without a result.

Here's a different way of looking at it - show me ANY other sport where such an ending would be acceptable?

You can keep saying it, doesn't make it true. so I'll keep repeating what has been said.
I've got no problem in accepting that Victoria deserve the Shield, in fact if you read any of the thread you'll see most say you deserved the Shield for finishing top before playing a final without a result.

Here's a different way of looking at it - show me ANY other sport where such an ending would be acceptable?

Any two leg soccer tie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back