Sheffield Shield Final: Victoria v South Australia @ Traeger Park

Remove this Banner Ad

You still have to win one of the legs before you can play out for the draw

And by virtue of finishing top we won that first leg.

For the record, I agree with the sentiment, I would almost look at going EPL style and getting rid of the final all together

What an amazing performance, what other side has ever won 3 in a row all away from home?
I really don't think it should count seeing 2 of the 3 were self-inflicted

And usually when a team gets twatted in the first leg (innings), it makes for a less contested 2nd leg (innings).
Its still not even close to the same thing. usually in those 2 leg matchup they still have a final somewhere where both teams start on an even keel. They never end the tournament with a draw.

Any two leg soccer tie?
Not quite. The soccer ties always start on an even footing. You don't have a winner by countback if the game is a draw. And most of the world still plays first past the post in the leagues.

Every sport does have the contingency that if there is no result then the top team wins, its just a lot more likely in a 5 day cricket match than most sports other than soccer which has the penalty shootout. Imagine a Shield final being decided by a super over? :eek:

But if a game was abandoned due to weather or some unforseen event then unless they have the ability to reschedule then I imagine the top side wins.

Also most sports that have ways to break a deadlock are for teams that are tied, in this case 1 team has clearly outplayed the other for 5 days but couldn't get a result.

If you had a 2 leg shootout then you would , most likely, start playing to win and not draw

In most scenarios that I have seen

Teams play not to lose the first game and will then try and win the second game and it is still common for the series to be tied after both legs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris, Tremain, Christian, Ahmed... #vicsdoitbetter ;)
Reply,
Lehmann = Vic
Worrall = Vic
Dalton= Vic
Cooper = NSW
Mennie = NSW
Zampa = NSW

Can't u find 11 cricketers born in S.Australia?

One day you'll amaze us all, and post something sensible.....

One day.......

Reply,
Lehmann = Vic
Worrall = Vic
Dalton= Vic
Cooper = NSW
Mennie = NSW
Zampa = NSW

Can't u find 11 cricketers born in S.Australia?

One day you'll amaze us all, and post something sensible.....

One day.......
Lehmann is a South Australian, so while it says he's born in Vic, he's raised here. Pretty sure Dalton is an SA boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back