Shield Sheffield Shield Final: Western Australia vs Victoria, WACA, 23rd-27th March, 1 PM AEDT (10 AM AWST, 11:30 AM ACDT, 12 AEST)

Who comes away champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

NSW would walk it in.
My theory is they produce great Test cricketers because their Grade competition is so strong and deep.
Ours not so much so, so we produce great domestic cricketers.
Would they though? They get Warner back, who’s a liability at the moment. Smith a star and a level above. Starc, Cummins and Lyon means their bowling is international level though I don’t think Lyon makes a huge difference in Australian conditions.

We’d get a Green back, Inglis, Mitch Marsh and ideally Jyhe as well. NSW favourites but WA not far off.

Bancroft
Whiteman
Marsh
Cartwright
Hardie
Green
Inglis
Richardson
Paris
Rocciochioli
Morris

is pretty handy.

I don't believe NSW are that all dominating team, folk think of years past, as all those international boys are all getting older and losing that aura of invincibility. Interesting to read, if the NSW grade is as strong and deep as indicated, then surely the likes of Hughes, Sangha, Edwards, Henriques, Green etc would have have impacted NSW season more productively....did NSW even win one game this year?

Last edited:
Cool. The best team won. Hardly surprising.
Still the worst state for fans on the board. By a mile.

26wa-shield-main.ashx

Would they though? They get Warner back, who’s a liability at the moment. Smith a star and a level above. Starc, Cummins and Lyon means their bowling is international level though I don’t think Lyon makes a huge difference in Australian conditions.

We’d get a Green back, Inglis, Mitch Marsh and ideally Jyhe as well. NSW favourites but WA not far off.

Bancroft
Whiteman
Marsh
Cartwright
Hardie
Green
Inglis
Richardson
Paris
Rocciochioli
Morris

is pretty handy.

It's the NSW bowling attack that makes the difference

WA batting attack is better and by a margin.

They'd have Smith, we'd have close to 6 of the next best 7 bats.

Plus a ridiculous level of batting depth, even our depth has depth

Bancroft
Whiteman
Marsh
Cartwright
Hardie
Green
Inglis
Richardson
Paris
Rocciochioli
Morris

is pretty handy.
Replace Hardie with Turner and I’m sold.

The more I think about it the more I’m stoked that Turner was the one who produced the match winning knock for WA. He’s the heart and sole of WA cricket so glad it was him!

Back