Shield Sheffield Shield Round 1: South Australia vs Western Australia, Karen Rolton Oval, 10/10/2020 @ 11 AM AEST

Who gets more points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a good day at the game today. I mainly watched the Redbacks but managed to watch NSW in the nets from a far and a bit of Queensland v Tasmania. That game is closed to the public but I could see through the fencing. It must be strange for the players to have all the states in the one location.

The worst part was Agar getting hit, that was scary to see.

I had a good day at the game today. I mainly watched the Redbacks but managed to watch NSW in the nets from a far and a bit of Queensland v Tasmania. That game is closed to the public but I could see through the fencing. It must be strange for the players to have all the states in the one location.

The worst part was Agar getting hit, that was scary to see.
There are usually people watching on the hill over there

Still the back, or something different?

Not the back - he picked up a side strain.

However he has had to remodel his bowling action (hence the side strain) and they don't think it's ready for Shield cricket yet.

Pity he can't go on loan to a SA premier club at some stage to try it out.

As mentioned probably game 3 or 4 he will bowl

You've got to love some of the posters on here. WA making runs, aren't they fantastic? The moment SA start making runs, the pitch is a road, curator to blame.:)
Well if SA are making runs it is a pretty fair indication that it's a road in fairness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we going to see declarations here and a Day 4 run chase? Or will this just plod on with teams collecting their first innings performance points and a bit of match practice?

Wouldn’t be confident setting any target to chase really if I were WA

Are we going to see declarations here and a Day 4 run chase? Or will this just plod on with teams collecting their first innings performance points and a bit of match practice?
I reckon that you'll declare on whatever you're on at 100 overs, there'll be a negotiation for a target for you guys, maybe 400 on the last day to make it interesting? So 18 more overs, maybe 75 more runs, then 52 overs for WA to get another 240

It's lunch now so Head and Marsh should be negotiating. 13 more overs at 4 an over gives WA a 182 run lead. 52 overs left in the day after the declaration, go at 4 an over which gives SA 390 runs to get on the least day from 96 overs, which is a tick over 4 an over.

It's lunch now so Head and Marsh should be negotiating. 13 more overs at 4 an over gives WA a 182 run lead. 52 overs left in the day after the declaration, go at 4 an over which gives SA 390 runs to get on the least day from 96 overs, which is a tick over 4 an over.

What's the point? It's first game of the season and can you honestly say a side is going to take 10 wickets to win in the second innings? Highly optimistic. The chasing side would only have two results possible and one of them is not a loss!

Sometimes you have to look at the end goal. You'd hate to miss the final by a point or two when you could have just taken the points here and made the final. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride. Yes it's boring but it is the right call

What's the point? It's first game of the season and can you honestly say a side is going to take 10 wickets to win in the second innings? Highly optimistic. The chasing side would only have two results possible and one of them is not a loss!
It's South Australia. Your argument is invalid.

Back