• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

I love Pete but he is just so far off the mark here. His annoyance should be directed at the curators/whoever is responsible for the pitch being so bad. To lay the blame for the boring match on SA is ridiculous. They have every right to play the game in whichever way they want. It is a season long tournament. Not some one off dead rubber where an exciting result is the priority from their perspective.

Edit. It is particularly hypocritical when you consider Pete chose for his team to bat on past 600 when they could have easily declared far earlier if getting an exciting final day was the priority.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United

I love Pete but he is just so far off the mark here. His annoyance should be directed at the curators/whoever is responsible for the pitch being so bad. To lay the blame for the boring match on SA is ridiculous. They have every right to play the game in whichever way they want. It is a season long tournament. Not some one off dead rubber where an exciting result is the priority from their perspective.

Edit. It is particularly hypocritical when you consider Pete chose for his team to bat on past 600 when they could have easily declared far earlier if getting an exciting final day was the priority.

Finally someone speaking sense! (you not Handscomb)

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

Yeh well said. SA will be happy with a draw after losing the toss on that pitch. Stiff s**t, should have declared a lot earlier.

Yeah shithouse from Pete.

Also, this pitch does no favours to anyone. Certainly not the internationals or those pushing for selection. If main grounds can't be used need to have better backups.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Wow handscomb not gonna win over many supporters there. How does one live in such a bubble they fail to see that hypocrisy?

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Wow handscomb not gonna win over many supporters there. How does one live in such a bubble they fail to see that hypocrisy?

I really am starting to dislike Handscomb. I've seen him claim catches that have clearly bounced, whack returns to the keeper to the boundary and now this. Not to mention how ordinary his technique is to watch.

Back