Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Annoying thing is scores from this will probably be used to justify selection arguments.

You would assume the selectors will pretty much just ignore this match, obviously if the people who scored runs follow it up on other decks it will be taken into account but nobody is going to be jumping ahead of the pack after making runs in this joke of a game.

But wait, a couple of days ago Maddinson was inking his name into the Test selectors' notebooks, does this mean Cooper is now a Test possibility? :)

Well...

Tom Cooper
Sheffield Shield - 36.72 average (11 hundreds, 24 fifties)
ODD Comp - 40.38 average (6 hundreds, 20 fifties
T20 Comp - 23.18 average (0 hundreds, 7 fifties)

Travis Head
Sheffield Shield - 36.41 average (7 hundreds, 30 fifties)
ODD Comp - 34.25 average (1 hundred, 2 fifties)
T20 Comp - 32.84 average (1 hundred, 7 fifties)

Alex Carey
Sheffield Shield - 32.35 average (3 hundreds, 7 fifties)
ODD Comp - 32.33 average (0 hundreds, 5 fifties)
T20 Comp - 36.76 average (1 hundred, 5 fifties)

Callum Ferguson
Sheffield Shield - 38.64 average (18 hundreds, 39 fifties)
ODD Comp - 38.92 average (9 hundreds, 19 fifties)
T20 Comp - 23.10 average (1 hundred, 3 fifties)

But apparently Cooper is "the s**t one" who SA should have gotten rid of years ago :rolleyes:

Not saying Cooper deserves to be playing in the national side in any format, but he deserves a bit more respect than he often gets. Solid player in all formats for a decent stretch.

So it was a disagreement about targets that caused the stalemate.

Vics thought 350 off 80 overs was fair, SA thought closer to 300 off 80 overs was fair. No middle ground found, hence the standoff.

IMO the Vics were right to be cautious in setting us a target. The Redbacks are known as the "4th Innings Assassins" for the calm and efficient way they regularly mow down 4th innings totals.

The Masters of the Run Chase, we owe our recent decades of Shield success to this elite trait

Handscomb was right to be wary.

So it was a disagreement about targets that caused the stalemate.

Vics thought 350 off 80 overs was fair, SA thought closer to 300 off 80 overs was fair. No middle ground found, hence the standoff.

IMO the Vics were right to be cautious in setting us a target. The Redbacks are known as the "4th Innings Assassins" for the calm and efficient way they regularly mow down 4th innings totals.

The Masters of the Run Chase, we owe our recent decades of Shield success to this elite trait

Handscomb was right to be wary.
if we're known for anything, it's our consistent reliability to perform when needed.

The only thing worse than Handscombe's tears in this match is eth-dog 's complete dissapearance from this thread after day 2 after he tried to slam anyone who criticised the quality of this pitch.

Surely one of the weakest performances in the history of big footy

The only thing worse than Handscombe's tears in this match is eth-dog 's complete dissapearance from this thread after day 2 after he tried to slam anyone who criticised the quality of this pitch.

Surely one of the weakest performances in the history of big footy
Honestly I rarely get online on weekends (you can check), I had my own cricket to play Saturday and had other stuff yesterday. Fair play, I was wrong.

Honestly I rarely get online on weekends (you can check), I had my own cricket to play Saturday and had other stuff yesterday. Fair play, I was wrong.
What was the pitch like? Haha

Fair play

There is actually an online Q+A with the curator of the Junction Oval (The Perfect Pitch on Facebook). He called it a 'flat stinker' but explained how it got to that point. What was served up wasn't the intention which is good to hear.

What was the pitch like? Haha

Fair play

There is actually an online Q+A with the curator of the Junction Oval (The Perfect Pitch on Facebook). He called it a 'flat stinker' but explained how it got to that point. What was served up wasn't the intention which is good to hear.
Synthetic. Outfield was rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well given Victoria had scored at over 4 an over in the first innings, theyā€™d be crazy to set a target below that

You still don't seem to get it, nobody said victoria had to give sa a sniff but if you aren't willing to take a chance to win the match then the other team has every right to turn down your offer if they feel it's not in their best interest.

Both sides had their positions they didn't find a middle ground so be it, handscomb then whinging is the issue, he keeps his mouth shut this isn't a problem.

You still don't seem to get it, nobody said victoria had to give sa a sniff but if you aren't willing to take a chance to win the match then the other team has every right to turn down your offer if they feel it's not in their best interest.

Both sides had their positions they didn't find a middle ground so be it, handscomb then whinging is the issue, he keeps his mouth shut this isn't a problem.

I was responding to the post above mine which said the different targets of 300 v 350 off 80 overs. As I said, 300 is very gettable on that pitch, 350 was still gettable but gives Victoria a little more breathing space if things turn ugly. The fact Victoria scored at over 4 an over on that pitch, 300 in 80 would be just gifting SA 6 points.

Well...

Tom Cooper
Sheffield Shield - 36.72 average (11 hundreds, 24 fifties)
ODD Comp - 40.38 average (6 hundreds, 20 fifties
T20 Comp - 23.18 average (0 hundreds, 7 fifties)

Travis Head
Sheffield Shield - 36.41 average (7 hundreds, 30 fifties)
ODD Comp - 34.25 average (1 hundred, 2 fifties)
T20 Comp - 32.84 average (1 hundred, 7 fifties)

Alex Carey
Sheffield Shield - 32.35 average (3 hundreds, 7 fifties)
ODD Comp - 32.33 average (0 hundreds, 5 fifties)
T20 Comp - 36.76 average (1 hundred, 5 fifties)

Callum Ferguson
Sheffield Shield - 38.64 average (18 hundreds, 39 fifties)
ODD Comp - 38.92 average (9 hundreds, 19 fifties)
T20 Comp - 23.10 average (1 hundred, 3 fifties)

But apparently Cooper is "the s**t one" who SA should have gotten rid of years ago :rolleyes:

Not saying Cooper deserves to be playing in the national side in any format, but he deserves a bit more respect than he often gets. Solid player in all formats for a decent stretch.
IMO cooper always looks out of his depths at the crease! But his stats are surprising

On the Brightside, the Junction might be flat, but at least we don't have games abandoned or moved due to unsafe or unsatisfactory pitches!

Might as well have moved that game there wouldnā€™t have been a result in another 6 days.

Back