Sheffield Shield Round 1: Western Australia vs Victoria @ The WACA

Game starts at 10:30 local time so 1:30 AEDT.

WA squad: Phillipe, Bosisto, Cartwright, Turner (c), Stoinis, Wells, Inglis (+), Green, Qadir (Shield debut), Kelly, Mackin, Moody
Vic squad: Dean, Harris, Pucovski, Handscomb (c), White, Short, Gotch (+), Tremain, Boland, Coleman (Shield debut), Fekete, Ahmed

Will be interesting to see how each play their attack. I feel that with two seamers in the top 6 WA might give Qadir his Shield debut and the lack of seam options in the top 6 for Handscomb (except maybe Dean) we'll see the Vics go with 4 quicks, given Short and White are capable part timers.

No Qadir...disappointing. Surely we can do without 4 seamers with Stoinis/Hilton playing.
Yeah, was an interesting decision given how expensive Moody can be.

Look at the score and looks good, then see who is out, reminds me of the local team who gets the kids to open because none of the good bats want to face the new ball.
Having a crappy morning and this made me smile, thank you!

Big wicket by Boland. Just a good FC cricketer wouldn't yu say Doctor Gero? What is Choomah acting as nowadays anyway?
Came back as gherkin but that one is gone too.
He can pick em :D

No live stream.... disappointing
Very.
Only thing that frustrates me more is GFC sending camera crews to the VFL to record games... Yet don't stream them for fans to watch.

Came back as gherkin but that one is gone too.
He can pick em :D
Now all we need is Big, Bad, Bustling Bolo to knock Cartwright and Stoinis over cheaply :D.

Very.
Only thing that frustrates me more is GFC sending camera crews to the VFL to record games... Yet don't stream them for fans to watch.
Legality issues over that. Annoying yes but out of the clubs hands

Looks like Hank is in 1st, White 2nd and maybe Short 3rd? Looks to be tall and it wouldn't be Boland/Trem/Coleman. Dean is usually in gully, he's got pretty good hands. Do we see spin in the first 2 sessions at all, or no?

Fekete's bowling a tad too straight this over. Great spell Bolo!

Back