Sheffield Shield Round 10: QLD v WA @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

What a difference 1 over makes. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that put them back ahead of NSW?
It's massive, although they were ahead of NSW anyway, NSW could have leapfrogged them if NSW took 4 more VIC wickets before 100 overs. What this means is that if Queensland win outright they will be guaranteed a finals spot - because it has ruled out the possibility of NSW overtaking them if both QLD and NSW win outright.

Current standings
VIC 47.62
QLD 46.66
NSW 45.57
SA 43.63
WA 38.00
TAS 27.19

It's massive, although they were ahead of NSW anyway, NSW could have leapfrogged them if NSW took 4 more VIC wickets before 100 overs. What this means is that if Queensland win outright they will be guaranteed a finals spot - because it has ruled out the possibility of NSW overtaking them if both QLD and NSW win outright.

Current standings
VIC 47.62
QLD 46.66
NSW 45.57
SA 43.63
WA 38.00
TAS 27.19
If we take into account that SA have basically already won:

SA 49.63
VIC 47.62
QLD 46.66
NSW 45.57
WA 38.00
TAS 27.19

Puts WA out of action. They'll be deflated when they see SA's score, so don't know where to put Queensland yet, especially if WA get a lead of 100+. Basically Victoria vs NSW for the hosting rights if that happens.

Yeah, it's good to see. I missed the dismissal, radio suggested he was a long way down?
Looked pretty out tbh.

Yeah, it's good to see. I missed the dismissal, radio suggested he was a long way down?
Height wise; reckon it'd be an umpires call DRS wise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back