Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Round 2: Queensland v South Australia @ The Gabba
Friday 18th October 2019 - Monday 21st October 2019

CA scorecard: https://live.cricket.com.au/match/2...alia-marsh-sheffield-shield-2019-20/scorecard

PositionTeamMatchesWinsDrawsLossesBat Bonus PointsBowl Bonus PointsTotal Points
1New South Wales11000.881.007.88
2Victoria10101.780.403.18
3Western Australia10101.370.803.17
4Tasmania10100.861.002.86
5South Australia10101.170.102.27
6Queensland10010.000.900.90
Previous Meetings

2018/19 Round 2

Queensland 231 (J.Burns 64, L.Pope 7/87) and 6/357 (S.Heazlett 118*, C.Hemphrey 87, J.Mennie 3/55)
drew with
South Australia 505 (T.Cooper 178, J.Lehmann 126, B.Doggett 4/82) and

2018/19 Round 9
Queensland 115 (M.Labugschagne 36, T.Andrews 6/40) and 130 (S.Heazlett 37, J.Mennie 3/16)
defeated
South Australia 71 (J.Lehmann 23, L.Feldman 4/19) and 131 (J.Lehmann 42, M.Steketee 4/29)
by 43 runs

QLD XII
  • 18. Usman KHAWAJA (c)
  • Xavier BARTLETT (FC debut)
  • 15. Joe BURNS
  • 21. Cameron GANNON
  • 44. Charlie HEMPHREY
  • 9. Marnus LABUSCHAGNE
  • 20. Michael NESER
  • 59. Jimmy PEIRSON (+)
  • 77. Matthew RENSHAW
  • 16. Mark STEKETEE
  • Bryce STREET (FC debut)
  • 4. Mitchell SWEPSON
In: Barlett, Street, Swepson
Out: Sam HEAZLETT (injured), Billy STANLAKE (managed due to ODI and T20)

SA XII
  • 34. Travis HEAD (c)
  • Wes AGAR (SS debut)
  • 29. Tom ANDREWS
  • 5. Alex CAREY (+)
  • 26. Tom COOPER
  • Henry HUNT
  • 33. Jake LEHMANN
  • 11. Luke ROBINS
  • 27. Chadd SAYERS
  • 3. Cameron VALENTE
  • 28. Jake WEATHERALD
  • 44. Nick WINTER
In: Agar, Sayers, Valente
Out: Kane RICHARDSON (managed due to ODI and T20), Adam ZAMPA

Weather
  • Friday
    sunny.png
    19-28 - Sunny.
  • Saturday
    partly-cloudy.png
    16-31 - Mostly sunny.
  • Sunday
    sunny.png
    17-30 - Sunny.
  • Monday
    partly-cloudy.png
    17-26 - Partly cloudy.

Last edited:
Knowing the way the South Australian team usually operates, they'll probably be rolled for below 100 failing to adapt to different pitch conditions

Hemphrey and Heazlett must be on thin ice at the moment. Need something from them this match. Always expected big things after Heazlett made a ton and a 70 odd on debut but he's hardly done anything in the red ball game since since. Disappointing.

Heazlett out through injury. Bryce Street in to the squad on the back of his triple century for the 2nd XI a few weeks ago.

Fingers crossed it's a matter of getting Sam fit to play the one dayer on Wednesday, need him in the white ball team.

Last edited:
Gannon's action really is absolutely filthy. Absolutely taking the piss

EDIT: Lehmann gone, this will be a looooooooooong day

Jake Lehmann at the top of the order facing swing bowling. What could possibly go wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lehmann's been getting away with making a couple of scores over the past few years and failing for the most part. It's time he started making runs on a more consistent basis. Trouble is, they put these guys back into the grade scene, and they tee off with 100s.
We have the same issue with Qld players. Renshaw is in a slump but he has still made 4 consecutive red ball grade 100's including a triple. Hemphrey and Heazlett make them every time they get dropped back to 2nds. Don't know what can be done. It's frustrating.

We have the same issue with Qld players. Renshaw is in a slump but he has still made 4 consecutive red ball grade 100's including a triple. Hemphrey and Heazlett make them every time they get dropped back to 2nds. Don't know what can be done. It's frustrating.

Yep, the step up from grade to 1st class is way too large and I cannot even imagine what can be doen to bridge the gap. With the emphasis on T20 cricket these days, there's not a lot that CAN be done.

Head doesn't have a spot. He was dropped from the team in the final Test in England.
Yep realise that but assuming we didnt need the all rounder who played in the last test (Marsh - who is also injured) I would assume Head might be first in line to get his spot back.

Which might be questionable now. Pucovski scores big in the next couple of knocks, I think he might be in front.

Yep realise that but assuming we didnt need the all rounder who played in the last test (Marsh - who is also injured) I would assume Head might be first in line to get his spot back.

Which might be questionable now. Pucovski scores big in the next couple of knocks, I think he might be in front.

To he honest, I don't really care any more. Batsmen are weak as piss, and no matter who we pick they'll probably fail.

Head doesn't have a spot. He was dropped from the team in the final Test in England.

Didn't the selectors to say he was left out to accommodate the extra bowler rather than "dropped"? I still think it's his spot to lose. Doing a good job to lose it so far.

Back