Shield Sheffield Shield Round 2: South Australia vs Tasmania, Karen Rolton Oval, 19-22 Oct, 11 AM AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know there's a lot to be said for variety of bowling attacks, especially when you might have to bowl a side out on a day 4 pitch in Adelaide.

But I still think there's a lot to be said for just playing your best bowlers. Andrews doesn't look like getting a wicket here. I'd back Bell or Meredith to get the break through here over Andrews.

I know there's a lot to be said for variety of bowling attacks, especially when you might have to bowl a side out on a day 4 pitch in Adelaide.

But I still think there's a lot to be said for just playing your best bowlers. Andrews doesn't look like getting a wicket here. I'd back Bell or Meredith to get the break through here over Andrews.

Yeah I don't think he is going to cut it as a frontline bowler. He either plays the Webster role with Webster batting in the top six or he doesn't play for mine.

Hard to comment without knowing how this ground/pitch traditionally plays. Would assume with having shield played at this ground, that the groundskeepers dont want to have a "risky" pitch potentially have a game end in 2-3 days, so easier to provide a road/flat deck.

With Webster able to bowl offies, it definitely is a challenge to justify a spinner unless it is an extremely dry deck/pitch that has had some wear and tear.

I'm a huge Gabe Bell fan, but his role as second change bowler may reduce his utility to the team away from Bellerive.

Congrats to SA for showing some ticker to salvage the draw.

20 overs left according to Colliver.
5 wickets needed
2 overs for changeover
21 run lead.

If they're unable to take another wicket before drinks, surely they just shake hands?

It's about to rain too, wasting their time being out there.
Yep. Essentially you have a max of 13 overs to bat if you take all five wickets in an over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back