Shield Sheffield Shield Round 2: Western Australia vs New South Wales, Gladys Elphick Park, 19-22 Oct 2020, 11 AM AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Struggling to remember the last time Turner made runs. Thought I read somewhere that he was dropped for Short this game?

How good is Cameron Green though? Who would've been the last Australian to have 4 FC tons by 21?
Will Pucovski, all of 12 months ago.

Before that, at a guess, Renshaw?

Nothing to be gained for WA here but two points. Reckon they'll bat on or get bowled out.

2 points for a first innings lead isn't a thing in Shield cricket anymore I don't believe

You get rewarded for runs and wickets in the first innings made/taken in the first 100 overs.

So I don't see a reason to keep batting.

Let them set a lead of 350 off 85 overs and see how we go.

2 points for a first innings lead isn't a thing in Shield cricket anymore I don't believe

You get rewarded for runs and wickets in the first innings made/taken in the first 100 overs.

I knew about the shifting formula, didn't realise it completely eliminated the reward for a first innings lead.

I knew about the shifting formula, didn't realise it completely eliminated the reward for a first innings lead.
They essentially changed it for this exact situation. So teams wouldn't worry about the 1st innings and would try and make a game of it by declaring early or at least trying to pick up the run rate to give themselves a chance to bowl the other team out on the final day.

It's a shame Green makes tall runs and I therefore can't rate him as he's too ungainly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But instead they come up with an impenetrable formula that no-one understands.

But instead they come up with an impenetrable formula that no-one understands.

.1 pts for each wicket in the first 100 overs
.01 pts for each run over 200 in the first 100 overs.

It doesn't seem too complex?

.1 pts for each wicket in the first 100 overs
.01 pts for each run over 200 in the first 100 overs.

It doesn't seem too complex?
Any system that requires a calculator is too complex for the average fan. If you look at the table at any moment and can't immediately answer the question "what will it take for my team to move up a spot?", I call that impenetrable for most people.

Back