Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Webster needs to go back and score some runs at grade level. Made one hundred last year and no 50s for a whole season. Again no 50s in five digs so far this season. Yet is constantly given the number 3 spot. At the very least a demotion in the order, particularly when Wade is getting left stranded in good form lately.

Tasmania declared overnight 4/115 trailling by 327. I thought NSW may have declared 0/0 and gave Tassie 327 to chase but they are currently batting. I wonder if there is an agreed target?

Edit: NSW have declared 1/22, giving Tasmania 350 to chase. There was just enough time for Larkin to get out cheaply again.

Last edited:
Definitely shut up shop now. 0/13 off the last 10.

Strange that the captains try to manufacture a result, only for Tassie to come out like turtles

Perhaps Tassie thought NSW might have declared at 0/0 and have not liked the fact that 22 runs and 4 overs (plus changeover) were lost?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the last couple of hours of this was enjoyable... but given no one understands the Shield points system (including me) a hard fought draw in the Shield certainly doesn't match a hard fought test match draw.

Great knock from Webster though.

Watching the last couple of hours of this was enjoyable... but given no one understands the Shield points system (including me) a hard fought draw in the Shield certainly doesn't match a hard fought test match draw.

Great knock from Webster though.

the useless AAP said in their story the other day that WA won first innings points. We haven't had first innings points since we moved to the new system several years back.

It's really not that hard to understand, it's been the same for like 4 seasons now. There has been 1 slight change in that time with every wicket being worth 0.1 rather than the 5th, 7th and 9th wicket being worth 0.5.

The second sentence there kind of disproves the first...

Yeah couldn't remember how long that 2nd change has been in. Reckon this is the 3rd season of that rule and 5th season of the bonus points.
Correct.

Back