Sheffield Shield Round 3: Queensland v SA @ 'Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh Joey Burns. Just not your week.

Not watching by Khawaja seems like he's doing well.

Renshaw reminds me of a young Alastair Cook.

Really looking forward to watching Heazlett bat. Liked the look of him when I last saw him play.

Well, I guess if you want a batsmen who will dig in and put a price on his wicket, Renshaw would be up there. 15 odd off about 80 balls.

Don't care how "slow" he is, test cricket is 5 days not 1. If he digs in and gets runs should be considered

Chappell is at this match as well, probably for Burns + Lehmann but can't hurt putting a performance in their minds

Let's hope he didn't hit the turps after Joe's long innings lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Putland? Injured? Out of form?
First choice bowling attack for SA is Sayers, Mennie and Worrall.

With Worrall and Mennie out, Richardson was a no brainer, but we had to start digging deeper to find another and Benton may not yet be up to it.

SA's middle order though is sensational, and they've probably got the best spin bowler outside of the test team in the side, so the balance is there. SA's fortunes will just depend on whether Benton, Sayers and Richo can be as effective as our first choice group, and whether the new opening pair can continue to deliver.

With Worrall and Mennie out, Richardson was a no brainer, but we had to start digging deeper to find another and Benton may not yet be up to it.

SA's middle order though is sensational, and they've probably got the best spin bowler outside of the test team in the side, so the balance is there. SA's fortunes will just depend on whether Benton, Sayers and Richo can be as effective as our first choice group, and whether the new opening pair can continue to deliver.
mXyupD1.gif

He's taken 2 wickets this season and has a FC bowling average of 50.

Is that Head? Because he himself seems to think so bowling himself 2nd over after lunch

Is that Head? Because he himself seems to think so bowling himself 2nd over after lunch

I think they prefer Head to Zampa to bowl to 2 lefties. Zampa has a pretty good slider. I don't think they should be afraid to bowl Zampa more to the lefties.

I think they prefer Head to Zampa to bowl to 2 lefties. Zampa has a pretty good slider. I don't think they should be afraid to bowl Zampa more to the lefties.

Makes no sense as Zampa isn't a big turner, and has a wrong-un.

mXyupD1.gif

He's taken 2 wickets this season and has a FC bowling average of 50.
Not sure of whether you realise hes only played the 2nd game, and that SA bowled Tassie out twice for under 390 runs in that game? Before tea on the third day. With the first 10 coming on day 1.

Zampa is well and truly in the frame for our 2nd choice spinner. Mind you that's not saying much as our spinning stocks haven't been so poor in a long time.

The fact that he has 18 wickets @ 59 suggests they should see him as a part timer.

They expect that his bowling has improved over the past couple of seasons. Plus Zampa's average isn't much better. But I think it's more to do with overrating Head rather than Zampa not being a better bowler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back