Shield Sheffield Shield Round 3: South Australia vs Victoria, Glenelg Oval, 30/10/2020 @ 11 AM AEDT

Whost wilt hath the higher amount of points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Squads:

South Australia: Travis Head (c), Wes Agar, Tom Cooper, Brad Davis, Callum Ferguson, Henry Hunt, Conor McInerney, Harry Nielsen, Lloyd Pope, Luke Robins, Chadd Sayers, Liam Scott, Cameron Valente, Jake Weatherald, Nick Winter

Victoria: Peter Handscomb (c), Scott Boland, Xavier Crone, Travis Dean, Zak Evans, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Seb Gotch, Sam Harper, Marcus Harris, Jon Holland, Nic Maddinson, Simon Mackin, Todd Murphy, Jono Merlo, Mitch Perry, Will Pucovski, Matt Short, Will Sutherland

Possible sides:

South Australia:

Henry Hunt
Jake Weatherald
Brad Davis
Travis Head (c)
Callum Ferguson
Harry Nielson (+)
Liam Scott
Luke Robins
Chadd Sayers
Wes Agar
Lloyd Pope

Victoria:

Travis Dean
Marcus Harris
Will Pucovski
Nic Maddinson
Peter Handscomb
Matthew Short
Seb Gotch (+)
Will Sutherland
Mitchell Perry
Jon Holland
Scott Boland

idel one

Team Captain
Jul 15, 2008
Brisbane
Updated SACA squad with Weatherald out:
South Australia's 15-player squad
Travis Head (c)
Wes Agar
Will Bosisto
Tom Cooper
Brad Davis
Callum Ferguson
Henry Hunt
Conor McInerney
Harry Nielsen (wk)
Lloyd Pope
Chadd Sayers
Liam Scott
Cameron Valente
Daniel Worrall
Nick Winter

In: Bosisto, Worrall
Out: Richardson, Weatherald

Drop Pope for Bosisto I say, no idea who will open. Get Sayers up the order to give it a whack, couldn't possibly be much worse.

Slim pickings, don't think there are any.
Um, if you bring Bosisto in, surely he opens?

What about those brothers I saw you guys talk about in the Redbacks thread? Also can't believe you didn't try to poach Short at all over winter.

The Fugitive

Debutant
Oct 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide

What about those brothers I saw you guys talk about in the Redbacks thread? Also can't believe you didn't try to poach Short at all over winter.
Bosisto can bowl offies if Pope gets dropped.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United

Probably, I prefer him down the order especially if he's in predominantly for his bowling. A pretty uninspiring option nonetheless.

The Kelly brothers seem very raw think someone like Max Bryant, probably could've been brought in through the one-dayers if it was a regular season.

Probably did try to poach him but if he's getting a game for Victoria why would he come here? That's why we're stuck with the likes of Ryan Gibson and Will Bosisto.

Got to feel for Jake i know what its like to have mental health issues

This hub/lockdown life can definetly bring those issues to the front. Doing the same thing every day can drive you crazy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Wasn't there talk that Weatherald was doing 8 hours in the nets a day in the off season?

hotdish

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wasn't there talk that Weatherald was doing 8 hours in the nets a day in the off season?

"So I did two weeks' worth of eight-hour-a-day training on guitar and realised, 'I should be doing this for cricket'."

Weatherald took the eight-hour rule to heart.

After sending his teammates videos of Morello, Weatherald roped in his Redbacks opening partner Henry Hunt, along with Will Bosisto and Brad Davis to an eight-hour batting program adapted to their craft.

Weatherald and his teammates would start at 8.30 in the morning at the Gillespie Centre indoor nets and, using taped-up tennis balls, bouncy balls, skinny bats in addition to more common cricket tools like dog-throwers and ball machines, kept going until it was dark outside.

"So I did two weeks' worth of eight-hour-a-day training on guitar and realised, 'I should be doing this for cricket'."

Weatherald took the eight-hour rule to heart.

After sending his teammates videos of Morello, Weatherald roped in his Redbacks opening partner Henry Hunt, along with Will Bosisto and Brad Davis to an eight-hour batting program adapted to their craft.

Weatherald and his teammates would start at 8.30 in the morning at the Gillespie Centre indoor nets and, using taped-up tennis balls, bouncy balls, skinny bats in addition to more common cricket tools like dog-throwers and ball machines, kept going until it was dark outside.
That would be enough to kill anyone

Back