• Seb GOTCH (+)
  • 14. Marcus HARRIS
  • 7. Sam HARPER (+)
  • 32. Glenn MAXWELL
  • 20. Peter SIDDLE
  • 99. Chris TREMAIN

In: Gotch
Out:

Gotch's strong form in grade cricket was hard to ignore and with Harper's struggles with the bat in the first 2 rounds, it may be a straight swap in the keeper's position.

TAS XII
  • George BAILEY (c)
  • 5. Gabe BELL
  • 54. Alex DOOLAN
  • 2. Jake DORAN
  • James FAULKNER
  • 28. Ben McDERMOTT
  • Riley MEREDITH (FC debut)
  • Tim PAINE (+)
  • 43. Sam RAINBIRD
  • 6. Tom ROGERS
  • 21. Jordan SILK
  • 31. Matthew WADE (+)
  • 20. Beau WEBSTER

In: Faulkner, Meredith, Paine
Out: Jackson BIRD (rested)

The Tigers' continual struggle with the bat could see Paine be included as a pure batsman.

Weather
  • Monday
    partly-cloudy.png
    12-30 - Partly cloudy.
  • Tuesday
    partly-cloudy.png
    19-32 - Partly cloudy.
  • Wednesday
    showers.png
    21-30 - Shower or two developing. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the afternoon and evening.
  • Thursday
    showers.png
    16-19 - Showers. Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and the evening.

8 Tassie born/bred players in the 11 today. Time to put up and shut up to the foreign imports critics.

Doolan gone. Tas 1-1 after winning the toss.

Whos the Keeper. LOL. Paine is the better keeper so should be him so Wade will have to start making some runs otherwise will be out of the state side as well as the national team.

Wade looking fairly average. Not sure what has happened to his batting. Maybe it’s the extra time he’s been spending on his keeping?

Bailey looking good, he’s the big wicket. Get him soon and the Vics could be batting in no time.

Hopefully someone gets Wade cheaply
good, good, let the hate flow through you.
Hopefully someone skittles Numbnuts Nevill for nothing. That campaigner doesn't deserve a recall. No to Carey. No to Bancroft. No to Peirson.

Trem has taken early wickets in every game this year.
Starting to get some really good cricket from him in the last 12 months or so. With Holland probably as our best 2 bowlers by far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was only a matter of time I'm afraid. Nevill took a good catch earlier, should secure him the next 10 tests :rolleyes:.

Look I'm not jumping at the bits for Nevill being recalled, but he's a better chance of not stuffing things up than Wade. Not saying Nevill is great by any stretch.

I do feel it's a short term thing before Carey, Whiteman, Pierson or Bancroft earn their spot.

Look I'm not jumping at the bits for Nevill being recalled, but he's a better chance of not stuffing things up than Wade. Not saying Nevill is great by any stretch.

I do feel it's a short term thing before Carey, Whiteman, Pierson or Bancroft earn their spot.

That's fair, I just see Nevill as an uninspiring choice. Carey really cost himself a baggy green with a couple of average scores and a missed stumping.

good, good, let the hate flow through you.
Hopefully someone skittles Numbnuts Nevill for nothing. That campaigner doesn't deserve a recall. No to Carey. No to Bancroft. No to Peirson.

Well I got my wish.

Where have I wanted Nevill back as my first choice? Go on where have I said that? I have said I would rather Nevill than wade but then again I'd rather the wheelie bin than Wade.

It's a short term option.

That's fair, I just see Nevill as an uninspiring choice. Carey really cost himself a baggy green with a couple of average scores and a missed stumping.

No doubt Carey will get there. Giving him another season for South Australia isn't the worst idea I've heard though.

Well I got my wish.

Where have I wanted Nevill back as my first choice? Go on where have I said that? I have said I would rather Nevill than wade but then again I'd rather the wheelie bin than Wade.

It's a short term option.
I'd rather a wheelie bin than Nevill. He will fail. He is a worse option, that was proven when he played tests.
Almost as bad as Jordan Silk's shot. Can't be playing someone who's that out of touch. Will be lucky to keep his spot in Tasmania until the BBL.
Pretty rank delivery for Ahmed to get a wicket on, Paine however got a good one. Nice late in-swing.

Almost as bad as Jordan Silk's shot. Can't be playing someone who's that out of touch. Will be lucky to keep his spot in Tasmania until the BBL.

Tasmania hardly have any options though.

I'd rather a wheelie bin than Nevill. He will fail. He is a worse option, that was proven when he played tests.

Pretty rank delivery for Ahmed to get a wicket on, Paine however got a good one. Nice late in-swing.

Wade has continuously failed at test level too. Meh both options suck, why not pick the bloke in better form, and that is Nevill. Lyon will be happier too, as chances won't go down.

Back