Shield Sheffield Shield Round 4: Tasmania vs New South Wales, Gladys Elphick Park, 8-11/11/2020 @ 11 AM AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

He has 14 wickets @ 14 and 230 runs @ 115 this season.

Since 18/19 in the Shield he has 65 wickets @ 22 and 690 runs @ 41.

This board has been calling him a spud for years (which he was for a fair while tbf) but he has turned into a very very good player.
I think he was finding his feet but lost confidence after the Hughes incident.

Abbott has been going balistic for 12 months.

I agree, he would definitely be breathing down Nesers neck.

Particularly given his contributions with the bat.
Neser had more wickets last season at a better average than Abbott's combined last and this season so far. He's been great, don't get me wrong, but let's not get carried away

That's crap for Starc. Why didn't Neville send out some gloves with a warning that he'd be declaring as soon as Abbott reached his ton?

Cricket is silly sometimes. It's an absolutely perfect declaration from the team perspective and they have their opposition 2 down at the close of play because of it. But because he didn't put an individual in front of the team when he's captain of the team he's the bad guy? Nah not having that.

Starc was obviously disappointed but he still clapped Abbott off as they went off, had his little moment and I'm sure Nevill and the coaches then explained the reasoning to him once he cooled down. It'd be sweet now.

Cricket is silly sometimes. It's an absolutely perfect declaration from the team perspective and they have their opposition 2 down at the close of play because of it. But because he didn't put an individual in front of the team when he's captain of the team he's the bad guy? Nah not having that.

Starc was obviously disappointed but he still clapped Abbott off as they went off, had his little moment and I'm sure Nevill and the coaches then explained the reasoning to him once he cooled down. It'd be sweet now.
Surely Nevill would have told them there is a cut off point to get their tons. If he hasn't, pretty poor captaincy from him and Starc has every right to be angry about it.

Carried on like a petulant child and made sure everyone could see it. Sure be disappointed but it’s a team game.

If you are gunna carry on like that and be a sook at least do it out of view

Carried on like a petulant child and made sure everyone could see it. Sure be disappointed but it’s a team game.

If you are gunna carry on like that and be a sook at least do it out of view

Bit hard when the change rooms is literally a tent 😂. I personally don’t think he over reacted, he threw his bat down, so what? He could’ve done that if he scored the ton, who knows.

By not losing a wicket in the first session, Tassie could probably have a bit of a crack for the first little while after lunch. Siddle in particular might as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starcy was clearly just angry yesterday because he knew they didn't have enough to defend.

By not losing a wicket in the first session, Tassie could probably have a bit of a crack for the first little while after lunch. Siddle in particular might as well.

Lets say Tassie go at 3 r/o in the middle session (32 overs, 96 runs), that would leave Tassie at tea requiring 151 off 35 overs, at 4.3 r/o.

A pretty tall order against a cracker bowling attack, unless Wade, McDermott and Webster have a crack. Would love to see them send Jackson Bird in for a swing soon.

Lets say Tassie go at 3 r/o in the middle session (32 overs, 96 runs), that would leave Tassie at tea requiring 151 off 35 overs, at 4.3 r/o.

A pretty tall order against a cracker bowling attack, unless Wade, McDermott and Webster have a crack. Would love to see them send Jackson Bird in for a swing soon.
Yeah if Wade and Siddle or Wade and McDermott are there at tea you'd have to think Webster would be promoted to 6, Paine 7 and Doran 8.

You've got have a go when a win is worth 6x more than a draw surely?

Although I suppose an incentive of the draw is moreso denying an opponent the win points when it's only a 6 team comp.

Be tough for Tassie from here.

2 100s and 14 50s from Wade in the past three seasons of Shield. As good as he has been in that time, he's really struggled to convert.

Be tough for Tassie from here.

2 100s and 14 50s from Wade in the past three seasons of Shield. As good as he has been in that time, he's really struggled to convert.
To be fair to him, of those 14 I reckon 2 were where he was not out at the end of a 4th innings (1 win, 1 draw). Another 2 he was not out where he ran out of partners. 3 others where he was either 2nd last or last man out tonking with the tail and essentially had run out of partners and 1 more where he was striking at nearly 100 and was the 7th wicket to fall with not much in the sheds (i.e. was going to run out of partners unless he scored quick).

So 6 of those 50s where he didn't convert when he should have which I suppose is still not great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back