Shield Sheffield Shield Round 4: Victoria vs Western Australia, Karen Rolton Oval, 8-11/11/2020 @ 11:30 AM AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Inglis getting runs helps us nationally though. There are positives.
There are no positives from this. We knew Inglis was in form. As soon as he had his 50 and Short was out it was the last possible moment of a victory for either side.

I look forward to how people spin this as Victoria's fault though.

There are no positives from this. We knew Inglis was in form. As soon as he had his 50 and Short was out it was the last possible moment of a victory for either side.

I look forward to how people spin this as Victoria's fault though.

It’s the curators fault. The pitch is too flat just like last game. It’s not Victoria’s fault and it’s not WA’s fault. I hate this notion where you “need” sporting declarations. They shouldn’t be needed.

Drawn game unless Victoria gifted WA with another soft declaration, WA should of declared 50 Runs behind to open the game up, if was later in the season they would of declared, this should now turn into a dull draw. Handscomb probably declared too early, probably got spooked by the previous game. Pitched is flat, this game was always going to be a draw

It’s the curators fault. The pitch is too flat just like last game. It’s not Victoria’s fault and it’s not WA’s fault. I hate this notion where you “need” sporting declarations. They shouldn’t be needed.
You deal with the conditions at hand. As soon as Short went out that was the moment the trigger should have been pulled

Why is it both teams have batted 4 sessions but it's WA who have batted too long?

Who knows but apparently there needs to be declarations I heard 100 behind..50 behind...ummm how does this prepare our ordinary batsmen to play long innings?

You deal with the conditions at hand. As soon as Short went out that was the moment the trigger should have been pulled

And have to chase 370+ on the last day...you know it and I know it that just plays right into Victoria’s hand

Why is it both teams have batted 4 sessions but it's WA who have batted too long?
I don’t blame WA not declaring, as every point is valuable this early in the season, Victoria shouldn’t of declared when they did.

Victoria should of put 500 runs on the board before they declared, and then it would of been up to WA how the game would go from there

And have to chase 370+ on the last day...you know it and I know it that just plays right into Victoria’s hand
We'd have had 43 overs left at that point to bat if Marsh had declared. No chance were we getting 320 in that time.

I don’t blame WA not declaring, as every point is valuable this early in the season, Victoria shouldn’t of declared when they did.
They don't get any extra points you do realise?

We'd have had 43 overs left at that point to bat if Marsh had declared. No chance were we getting 320 in that time.

All these options aren’t helping WA at all it’s a long year it’s better to take the draw and move on. There may be a declaration tomorrow. Both teams have batted 4 sessions basically

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All these options aren’t helping WA at all it’s a long year it’s better to take the draw and move on. There may be a declaration tomorrow. Both teams have batted 4 sessions basically
Batting on guaranteed what was a probability.

It was giving WA it’s only chance of winning- rolling Victoria on the last day
Nope. They were no chance of getting enough runs ahead once that happened. If we managed to get a 340 run lead at stumps and declared it might have caused a result but the only chance of any result was declaring at that point

Nope. They were no chance of getting enough runs ahead once that happened. If we managed to get a 340 run lead at stumps and declared it might have caused a result but the only chance of any result was declaring at that point

As if WA are chasing 340 on the last day how is that even “sporting”. You are just wanting a declaration so that it’s easier to win- how does it benefit WA? Has to be mutually beneficial to declare.

WA will get more points than Victoria if it ends in a draw
Incorrect. The points stop after 100 overs. We got 1.21 batting points and 0.6 bowling points, they got 0.8-ish batting points and 0.1 bowling points.

As if WA are chasing 340 on the last day how is that even “sporting”. You are just wanting a declaration so that it’s easier to win- how does it benefit WA? Has to be mutually beneficial to declare.

Like that day Steve Waugh set Victoria the very sporting target of 450 in a day and lost :D

Vics should absolutely bat the game out, we shouldn't have to be having the conversation about sporting declarations from both teams to generate a result though. Need to go to 5 day matches and/or even up the state of the wickets to give teams more chance to bowl each other out.

Edit: Plus having all Australian cricket constantly played on roads means that when we go overseas anywhere where the pitch does anything off the surface that the batsmen have no clue how to play it as the bad habits they get away with on these roads get exposed
Shield wickets have been heavily favoured towards pace bowlers for a fair portion of the last 5 seasons tbf (apart from this season). It was used as an excuse as to why we're not seeing any spin bowlers/ why the batsman can't bat for long periods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back