Van_Dyke

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, Glory, Warriors, NOLA,
That’s appalling cricket by zampa - I’d be furious at u/12 level - let alone a front line international player
You’re telling me that going the hook, when you’ve got 8 balls left to survive on the final wicket and they have two men out for the hook is stupid cricket? Well I never

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t really agree with this notion. He’s dominated FC level in his latter years but he’s not in the ilk of some who have dominated their whole career but never converted it to test level. He hits some incredibly elegant shots but that doesn’t mean he should be a high test standard player. His FC average even now is only 41. He relies on overpitched or leg side bowling to cash in. If he gets consistently good bowling, he could never be anything more than a decent test level player imo.
😂 And only reason Steve Smith scores so many runs is poor bowling.

Has had his ups and downs but his best test performances were in the face of some outstanding bowling in tough conditions - Sri Lanka (x2), South Africa (x2) a couple of knocks against India both at home and abroad. Had a decent test career and has been consistently dominant at domestic level for many years now so deserves a lot more respect than what is given.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I don’t really agree with this notion. He’s dominated FC level in his latter years but he’s not in the ilk of some who have dominated their whole career but never converted it to test level. He hits some incredibly elegant shots but that doesn’t mean he should be a high test standard player. His FC average even now is only 41. He relies on overpitched or leg side bowling to cash in. If he gets consistently good bowling, he could never be anything more than a decent test level player imo.
Some of his international innings have been ridiculous in their quality. Turning tracks in Sri Lanka, South Africa away. He looks a class above at times, better than most we've produced and capable in a variety of conditions.

Then will follow them up with a string of low scores.

It's why he gets umpteen chances whereas others with similar test/first class records don't.

Top Bottom