Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Round 6: New South Wales v Queensland @ SCG
Saturday 7th December 2019 - Tuesday 10th December 2019

CA scorecard: https://live.cricket.com.au/match/2...ulls-marsh-sheffield-shield-2019-20/scorecard
PositionTeamMatchesWinsDrawsLossesBat Bonus PointsBowl Bonus PointsTotal Points
1New South Wales54103.594.1032.69
2Queensland53111.584.2024.78
3Western Australia52214.653.0021.65
4Tasmania51222.154.0014.15
5South Australia50235.032.509.53
6Victoria50234.073.409.47
Previous Meetings

2018 Round 4

New South Wales 279 (M.Henriques 152, M.Steketee 4/38) and 3/360 (dec.) (N.Larkin 175*, D.Hughes 116, M.Swepson 2/133)
defeated
Queensland 260 (M.Neser 62, M.Labuschagne 52, N.Lyon 4/83, P.Cummins 3/41) and 216 (J.Wildermuth 84, N.Lyon 5/94, J.Hazlewood 4/30)
by 163 runs
MOTM: N.Larkin (NSW)

2018 Round 8
New South Wales 150 (N.Larkin 31, L.Feldman 5/20) and 298 (M.Henriques 78, D.Hughes 68, M.Neser 3/73, B.Stanlake 3/79)
defeated
Queensland 185 (M.Steketee 41*, J.Peirson 41, T.Copeland 3/49, S.Abbott 3/62) and 89 (M.Renshaw 31, S.Abbott 5/31, M.Henriques 3/7)
by 174 runs
MOTM: M.Henriques (NSW)

2019 Round 1
Queensland 153 (M.Labuschagne 69, H.Conway 5/17, S.Abbott 3/25) and 268 (J.Burns 52, M.Labuschagne 52, H.Conway 5/39, T.Copeland 3/57)
defeated by
New South Wales 9/288 (dec.) (D.Warner 125, N.Bertus 53, C.Gannon 5/94) and 5/134 (D.Hughes 66*, M.Neser 3/42)
MOTM: H.Conway (NSW)

NSW XIII
  • 20. Peter NEVILL (c)(+)
  • 77. Sean ABBOTT
  • 14. Nick BERTUS
  • 9. Trent COPELAND
  • 5. Harry CONWAY
  • 42. Daniel FALLINS
  • 99. Matthew GILKES
  • 7. Liam HATCHER (SS debut)
  • 21. Moises HENRIQUES
  • 3. Daniel HUGHES
  • 36. Nick LARKIN
  • 72. Stephen O'KEEFE
  • 38. Daniel SOLWAY
In: Fallins, Hatcher
Out:

QLD XII

• 18. Usman KHAWAJA (c)
  • 21. Cameron GANNON
  • 47. Sam HEAZLETT
  • 44. Charlie HEMPHREY
  • 20. Michael NESER
  • 59. Jimmy PEIRSON (+)
  • 77. Matthew RENSHAW
  • 37. Billy STANLAKE
  • 16. Mark STEKETEE
  • 25. Bryce STREET
  • 4. Mitchell SWEPSON
  • 24. Jack WILDERMUTH
In: Neser
Out:

Weather

• Saturday
    hazy.png
    18-27 - Possible smoke haze. Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Areas of smoke haze.
  • Sunday
    hazy.png
    17-24 - Possible smoke haze. Cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. Areas of smoke haze.
  • Monday
    partly-cloudy.png
    18-27 - Partly cloudy.
  • Tuesday
    partly-cloudy.png
    19-31 - Partly cloudy.

Another start for Renshaw, seriously frustrating. I guess 36 is better than the 18's he has been making. Seriously needs to do something about his batting to bowlers coming around the wicket to him... Pretty much the only way he has got out this season.

Another start for Renshaw, seriously frustrating. I guess 36 is better than the 18's he has been making. Seriously needs to do something about his batting to bowlers coming around the wicket to him... Pretty much the only way he has got out this season.
For a supposedly tight batsman he gets out in some very undisciplined ways. That ball was nowhere near full enough for the shot.

Was very frustrated walking off the field.

For a supposedly tight batsman he gets out in some very undisciplined ways. That ball was nowhere near full enough for the shot.

Was very frustrated walking off the field.
Looks like he really struggles to know where his off stump is when it's angling in to him.

I like the grit that Street brings but his inability to strike at more than 30 most of the time hopefully becomes less common as he matures.

NSW have gone for the extra bowler but it’s Hatcher instead of the spinner Fallins. Abbott to bat at 7!
bertus was a late out for personal reasons. they've listed gibson as 12th man but I doubt he was a serious option. they're probably pretty happy to give Hatcher a game given his 2nd xi performances

Good stuff from Street to make the NSW bowlers toil. Hopefully he cashes in with a big score and Heazlett can follow up his great performance against Tasmania. One good partnership and QLD are in a fairly strong position.

I like the grit that Street brings but his inability to strike at more than 30 most of the time hopefully becomes less common as he matures.

Eh, he bats long and cashes in. His issue is that he hits a s**t load straight to fielders, once he learns to hit the gaps he'll be fine. Not fussed at all about a young kid striking at 30 this early in his career. Start telling him to score faster and you'll turn him in to another Renshaw who looks like he bats with the commentators yelling intent in his head now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine dropping the leading wicket taker in the shield for Stanlake. Is there a bigger myth in Australian cricket?
It'd be less frustrating if Stanlake's form had justified it, but it really hasn't. He can bowl quick though. :rolleyes:

Would be very pissed if I was Gannon.

bertus was a late out for personal reasons. they've listed gibson as 12th man but I doubt he was a serious option.

if anyone was curious. nigel refers to bertus' father who also passed away in the last year or so

checking the grade scores, Gibson was probably named 12th man because he batted last week, so they just took him out of the field and let Fallins bowl in his match.

if anyone was curious. nigel refers to bertus' father who also passed away in the last year or so

checking the grade scores, Gibson was probably named 12th man because he batted last week, so they just took him out of the field and let Fallins bowl in his match.

What a flog Conway is though right? Seems beloved by all his teammates and pretty switched on every time I've heard him interviewed. Massive flog though obviously.

I don’t see how Conway’s interview makes his actions any better. Doesn’t give you the right to be a disrespectful as he clearly was.

I don’t see how Conway’s interview makes his actions any better. Doesn’t give you the right to be a disrespectful as he clearly was.

If it makes him bowl better who cares?

Do you say the same thing about Pattinson? He’s an absolute tool on the field as well.

Back