Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MCG management want a better wicket , curator has tried not totally his fault ...will be a drier wicket for the test for sure hopefully spins on the last few days to make it interesting because the green top experiment hasn't worked ....Mitchell Starc on that wicket yesterday could have been even more difficult for batsman .

Would there be enough time to reschedule it to the Junction Oval in the next day or so, and get a match finished before the BBL starts?
I was just watching the press conference and I think they said CA would try to reschedule it first before splitting the points.

Didnt say when though.

Would there be enough time to reschedule it to the Junction Oval in the next day or so, and get a match finished before the BBL starts?

Apparently not, been officially abandoned :thumbsdown:

I only started watching literally a few balls before Stoinis got hit in the ribs so can't really comment not having seen the whole of the day's play. It's definitely a batsman's game these days though.

Well lets hope that this match somehow proves critical to WA at the end of the season so they can whinge some more :p

Not our fault you poached him.

Bad hiring practices by the VCA

And what of the practice of the WACA for hiring him in the first instance? Or was he a good curater and you somehow ruined him? Either way doesn't reflect well on Western Australia I'm afraid ;)

Last edited:
And what of the practice of the WACA for hiring him in the first instance? Or was he a good curater and you somehow ruined him? Either way doesn't reflect well on Western Australia I'm afraid ;)
Bad hiring practices by us too

But you got done by the old he’s a great bloke so we could get rid of him ref check trick ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, just heard Peter Handscomb being interviewed and he says they are going to try and re-schedule it some time if at all possible.

It takes 1-2 weeks of preparation to make a pitch. Unless there was already a pitch prepared for some other game that they could punt out and use instead it would be very hard to find somewhere they could just turn up and play a 4 day match. Also would not be very fair to the grade cricketers to get punted like that. Also, not every ground has full time staff, so the general ground preparation might not be up to first class standards.

It takes 1-2 weeks of preparation to make a pitch. Unless there was already a pitch prepared for some other game that they could punt out and use instead it would be very hard to find somewhere they could just turn up and play a 4 day match. Also would not be very fair to the grade cricketers to get punted like that. Also, not every ground has full time staff, so the general ground preparation might not be up to first class standards.

True, hut they would do this regardless if it meant saving face, probably the least of their concerns. Nevertheless, I can't see them managing to fit it in time wise anyway. Hopefully I'm wrong.

If they are trying to reschedule the match it won't be till February or march, until after the BBL is done and the Shield season resumes.

Interestingly, if the match is officially rescheduled it means VIC lose the right to host it and the match would be hosted by WA instead. CA are looking into it, but it might mean shuffling the whole latter part of the season around by a couple of days for both sides to create a window of opportunity for a full game to be played plus travel time and all that. So it might have a knock-on effect on other state sides having to shuffle their schedule too.

EDIT: better add the link in that goes through the scheduling issues:

Last edited:
Back