• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Lol all these non Victorians wanting the Boxing Day test taken off Melbourne. Yeah lets play it in Tasmania. :drunk: :$
sounds good to me.

just think, the sydney to Hoabrt yachts are sailing up the Derwent during day 3-4, fantastic dry weather and a packed house. Whats not to love.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
We all hear about the extra pace and bounce in WA and how WA batsmen handle the short ball well and you get a few sit up and the walk off.

What do you want? If it does nothing it’s a road if it does something it’s unsafe
Get real.

The pitch is making Siddle look like Curtly Ambrose.

The batsmen don't call it off either, it's the umpires.

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Imagine being so precious over criticism directed towards your home pitch that even after..

-The players say its dangerous
-The umpires says its dangerous
-The match referee says its dangerous
-A Victorian past player at the ground said he could move the surface and divots were being created
-Media at the ground who after speaking to ground staff and other people involved at the ground are questioning whether the match will continue due to continuing safety concerns

.. Bigfooty posters put it down to whinging and players techniques.

Bigfooty wizardry at its best.
Lol it's just modern batsmen having poor techniques. The pitch doesn't have variable bounce and isn't two-paced, the ball is just bouncing more than normal for Australian wickets. Play on the ******* back foot ffs
Lol. Pretty much everyone at the ground has said the opposite. Soft surface, divots being created and variable bounce.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Is there a punishment for Victoria putting out such a crap wicket. Would hate to miss out on six points because of their sh!thousery.

No, Points will be shared if the match is abandoned completely - 3 each. But more likely they will get back on for some play by the middle of tomorrow once the pitch has dried out and hardened up a bit. Whether WA resume at 3/89 or they start again I am not sure. Either way they will both just be playing for a first innings points with to much time lost for an outright result.

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
No, Points will be shared if the match is abandoned completely - 3 each. But more likely they will get back on for some play by the middle of tomorrow once the pitch has dried out and hardened up a bit. Whether WA resume at 3/89 or they start again I am not sure. Either way they will both just be playing for a first innings points with to much time lost for an outright result.

I thought the away team gets the points if abandoned ...but might be wrong .
The curator will play safe for the test wicket though now .

What do we want? Maybe not watching guys getting hit in the head from balls which should be played off their hip

Or a curator that has a clue

Imagine players walking off on Boxing Day. What a disgrace that would be
Same curator who got sacked from the WACA. Vics love picking up our castoffs

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
A good old Bellerive green top.

what could go wrong.......

Well, at least it is not making Siddle into a dangerous bowler like the G atm

Wished more FC pitches were like this. Would improve the Australian batters rather than flat track bullies we’ve prepared for some time now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look, it's obvious that the pitch was unsafe. Foolish to say otherwise. However why are people asking why the BD test is still in Melbourne?

Past 2 years: "Take it off them! It's too boring!"
This year: "Take it off them! It's too dangerous!"

Do you guys honestly think that the ground staff won't adjust to this accordingly?

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Look, it's obvious that the pitch was unsafe. Foolish to say otherwise. However why are people asking why the BD test is still in Melbourne?

Past 2 years: "Take it off them! It's too boring!"
This year: "Take it off them! It's too dangerous!"

Do you guys honestly think that the ground staff won't adjust to this accordingly?

Their track record isn’t great so I can understand people not having much faith in them.

Their track record isn’t great so I can understand people not having much faith in them.
They've produced 3 green tops this year in an attempt to get it like that for Boxing Day

Back