Sheffield Shield Round 7: SA v Vic @ Adelaide Oval

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
1. Yep
2. Pattinson's test average is higher than Gulbis' FC average...

In reality I would be playing Short ahead of Boland. He can bat 6, pushing DC and Harper to positions where they're better suited and can bowl some tidy offies as well. I don't see the need of the 5 seam bowlers.

Short is not up to it.

Carlos Danger

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
SA slightly in front as they only need 1 partnership to get even and then build a lead and they still have a couple of batsmen left
Exactly right 2 batsmen make their average and SA will be in front. Just us long suffering redbacks don't see that happening.

Head was the big wicket, if he was no at stumps I would be very confident of a redbacks win. Guess it's up to lehmann now, say what you want about him he still puts in performances so I'm not writing off a 1st innings lead yet. But get the feeling we will start the 2nd innings about even

SA slightly in front as they only need 1 partnership to get even and then build a lead and they still have a couple of batsmen left
Yep SA slightly ahead. The Vics were 5/87, but SA's 5/80 includes the night watchmen. Going to need a couple of quick wickets tomorrow.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
1. Yep
2. Pattinson's test average is higher than Gulbis' FC average...

In reality I would be playing Short ahead of Boland. He can bat 6, pushing DC and Harper to positions where they're better suited and can bowl some tidy offies as well. I don't see the need of the 5 seam bowlers.
Evan Gulbis has an FC average higher than Pattinsons FC average and a century, with one more 50. Using a guy's test average after 19 innings (12 of them out) is bad cherry picking.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Speaking of missing leg by a foot eth-dog

dT4y1uF.png

Edit: Even better still found. Hit him outside the crease in front of leg. Terrible umpiring.

lol. After you were in an identical position?
Given that we have the better bowling attack; yes. Please don't pretend that Patto, Tremain, Boland, Holland, Christian and Stoinis (at a stretch) is inferior to Sayers, Richardson, Grant, Zampa and Head (at a stretch). Sayers and Richo would get games here ahead of Boland (and Tremain in the case of Sayers) but every bowler we have would get a game at SA comfortably.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Can't say I'm that surprised. Fairly inconsistent but he has bowled some good balls. Definitely looks rusty.
To be honest, it's how he's always bowled even at Test level. Has some success due to his pace, but can be fairly expensive and ordinary over half the time. Not a complete fan of him as a Test bowler.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Given that we have the better bowling attack; yes. Please don't pretend that Patto, Tremain, Boland, Holland, Christian and Stoinis (at a stretch) is inferior to Sayers, Richardson, Grant, Zampa and Head (at a stretch). Sayers and Richo would get games here ahead of Boland (and Tremain in the case of Sayers) but every bowler we have would get a game at SA comfortably.
lol better bowling attack and you include Stoinis and Christian. Are you playing at the Fringe Festival this year?

Speaking of missing leg by a foot eth-dog

dT4y1uF.png

Edit: Even better still found. Hit him outside the crease in front of leg. Terrible umpiring.
Didn't see the dismissal (forgot this was on haha) but yep, not out.

lol better bowling attack and you include Stoinis and Christian. Are you playing at the Fringe Festival this year?
Stoinis was a stretch as I said. DC has 12 wickets @ 23 this season, pretty handy if you ask me. Also don't see any denial forthcoming. Is it perhaps that I'm right?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoinis was a stretch as I said. DC has 12 wickets @ 23 this season, pretty handy if you ask me. Also don't see any denial forthcoming. Is it perhaps that I'm right?
I don't deny that Tremain is ahead of Richardson. I would say it would be like this: Sayers, Pattinson, Tremain, Richardson, Grant and Boland together, Zampa, Christian. Christian's bowling is bog ordinary 99.9% of the time. Boland is a local park trundler. Grant is up and coming and was brilliant for the NPS before randomly getting dropped.

I don't deny that Tremain is ahead of Richardson. I would say it would be like this: Sayers, Pattinson, Tremain, Richardson, Grant and Boland together, Zampa, Christian. Christian's bowling is bog ordinary 99.9% of the time. Boland is a local park trundler. Grant is up and coming and was brilliant for the NPS before randomly getting dropped.
If I were doing a combined attack it'd have Patto, Sayers, Tremain and Holland. Richardson then Boland next in.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
If I were doing a combined attack it'd have Patto, Sayers, Tremain and Holland. Richardson then Boland next in.
Sorry forgot about Dutchy. He'd be ahead of Grant and Boland. I'd have Grant before Boland. He already looks better at 19 and doesn't trundle.

Back