Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

After seeing some of the decisions in this game, I think it is time to bring in a 3rd umpire to stand on the field and just watch for no-balls. I dare say that is why the umpires continually produce howlers, having to look down and quickly back up. The standard of umpiring across domestic Cricket this summer has been appalling.

Vics get one back hehe

You can take one bad decision, but there has been two other shockers in this game. Harris got one yesterday. Only way you can give that not out is if you have tuned out and your mind is not on the job. As an umpire of park cricket, I tune out a little when the bowler is walking back do his mark. Once he starts his run up, I am in full concentrate mode. These players are representing their states and deserve to have an umpire down the other end who can concentrate.

After seeing some of the decisions in this game, I think it is time to bring in a 3rd umpire to stand on the field and just watch for no-balls. I dare say that is why the umpires continually produce howlers, having to look down and quickly back up. The standard of umpiring across domestic Cricket this summer has been appalling.
The fastest bowlers though are only bowling between 135-140kms hr. Should not be an issue for first class umpires to switch their eyes in time. I have umpired a few games with bowlers close to that pace and as long as I was on the ball and focused on the job it was not that hard to flick your eyes up in time.

The fastest bowlers though are only bowling between 135-140kms hr. Should not be an issue for first class umpires to switch their eyes in time. I have umpired a few games with bowlers close to that pace and as long as I was on the ball and focused on the job it was not that hard to flick your eyes up in time.

Fair enough then, I have never umpired myself so I was only assuming. If that is the case then, what the hell are they doing out there?

Okay, 2 questions:

1. Did he go out to the reverse sweep? No, he went out to a traditional one.
2. How many runs did he get off the reverse sweep?

Playing a shot that old farts have deemed NOT A TEST SHOT because it's new and inventive doesn't mean it isn't a legitimate avenue for scoring runs. Khawaja used it very successfully in the UAE, how'd he go over there again?
Barring Langer, the fact of the matter is the selectors are old farts, so as I said, it's probably not going to do him any favours. He didn't go out to the reverse sweep, no, but the rash shot he did get out to was indicative of his intent. Totally unnecessary, and not the time for it when you're playing for your career.

Barring Langer, the fact of the matter is the selectors are old farts, so as I said, it's probably not going to do him any favours. He didn't go out to the reverse sweep, no, but the rash shot he did get out to was indicative of his intent. Totally unnecessary, and not the time for it when you're playing for your career.
Wow. So muxh delusion in this post. He's got 10 years minimum left in his career barring injury, hardly the disaster waiting to happen if he's playing the reverse. Successfully. On multiple occassions

Fair enough then, I have never umpired myself so I was only assuming. If that is the case then, what the hell are they doing out there?
Umpiring stocks must be very thin mate. We saw some howlers in the Big Bash too, by the same old faces. Saw some young umpires who seemed pretty good umpiring in the West Indies in the T20 Women's World Cup and in the Mens T20 over there. Australia need some good young umpires like them to come through.

The Vics suddenly take 5-9 and suddenly the looming target might be in within our grasp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. So muxh delusion in this post. He's got 10 years minimum left in his career barring injury, hardly the disaster waiting to happen if he's playing the reverse. Successfully. On multiple occassions
Calm down, dickhead. You really love the freakin reverse sweep don't you? Also love it how you have such a strong opinion on an innings you didn't see.

Calm down, dickhead. You really love the freakin reverse sweep don't you? Also love it how you have such a strong opinion on an innings you didn't see.
It's more that you hate it for no reason. I'm just sick of idiots like you whinging about a legitimate shot when people play it with success

It's more that you hate it for no reason. I'm just sick of idiots like you whinging about a legitimate shot when people play it with success
i never even said I hated it. I merely speculated the selectors may not like seeing it being overplayed by a guy who's vying for an Ashes spot. What I did hate was another cheap Renshaw dismissal – 30 minutes before stumps – with the worst shot of the summer.

Harris is looking good, a nice match saving not out ton would be pretty useful right now.

Back