Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Heazlett has been dog s**t all season and McSweeney is barely starting his first class career. Short answer to that is an emphatic no. Captain Pierson will get out cheaply too when the pressure is out on him. Only have faith in Neser going down with a fighting 50.
Healett did manage to salvage the draw in round 3... Against SA at Adelaide. Okay fair point.

Labuschagne, a rush-in for Australia during their rough-and-tumble home summer, was put through the ringer with the bat, collecting a pair for the Bulls batting at number three.

The 24-year-old was taken out by Sean Abbott in both innings,

A poor choice of words considering....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hm, if Victoria wins, that'll leave NSW approximately 8 points ahead of Tassie and 11 points behind Victoria (assuming the Vics get 8 in the first 100 overs). Makes it tough for them to get ahead of Victoria but the two can basically play out a draw and let the Vics host them in the final.

Abbott robbed of MOTM. 8/93 tops 78 and 4 wickets doesn't it?

It’s very close

If we say 5 wickets = 100 runs

Abbott has 160 odd

Henriques has 16+78 + 80

Equals 174

Either one was worthy.

It’s very close

If we say 5 wickets = 100 runs

Abbott has 160 odd

Henriques has 16+78 + 80

Equals 174

Either one was worthy.
I'd argue five-for's are more like 150's than 100's. 41 players have 20+ test hundreds, 23 players have 20+ test five-for's. Plus the fact is that a maximum of 2 players can get a 5 wicket haul in an innings. 11 players can (theoretically) get a century every innings.

Considering how difficult batting was I’d say Henriques should have edged Abbott but you can definitely understand the choice.

I'd argue five-for's are more like 150's than 100's. 41 players have 20+ test hundreds, 23 players have 20+ test five-for's. Plus the fact is that a maximum of 2 players can get a 5 wicket haul in an innings. 11 players can (theoretically) get a century every innings.

Depends on your numbers. As I said close call and they couldn’t go wrong either way

How Labuschange is in the Australian team I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

He's good around the boys, what more do you want him to do.

Hm, if Victoria wins, that'll leave NSW approximately 8 points ahead of Tassie and 11 points behind Victoria (assuming the Vics get 8 in the first 100 overs). Makes it tough for them to get ahead of Victoria but the two can basically play out a draw and let the Vics host them in the final.

Shield final is a bit different this year don't forget, I feel like home ground advantage won't be that big of a deal. I was personally a fan of the old system, had to be very good to win the final interstate or get lucky and play the Redbacks on a greenish wicket in Glenelg.

Henriques is a B Tec all rounder but put him up against a QLD side and the prick turns into Andrew ******* Flintoff every time.

Our season never really got going this season. Maybe a bit of complacency after winning it last season but in all 3 forms this season, it has been very very underwhelming considering the experience and calibre of players we had available. Put 2018/19 in the bin.

He's good around the boys, what more do you want him to do.

Shield final is a bit different this year don't forget, I feel like home ground advantage won't be that big of a deal. I was personally a fan of the old system, had to be very good to win the final interstate or get lucky and play the Redbacks on a greenish wicket in Glenelg.
Yeah, I almost think bowling first would be more advantageous, that way you know what scoring rate you'd need to get in the first 100.

Back