Sheffield Shield Round 8: TAS v VIC @ Blundstone

Remove this Banner Ad

Tassie should declare... so the match can end sooner and put us out of our misery, we are getting pantsed :(
Seriously though, they're just wasting time now.

Why, there is still two whole days to bowl us out? We'd be doing exactly the same thing.
We're unlikely to make the runs in any case and the longer they wait, the less time they have to get us all out. 300 is a big enough lead.

Why would Tassie possibly declare?

Yeah, indeed.

That'd be a truly bewildering decision on the second day of the match. There's no way known they should be gifting the opposition a possible way back into the game like that as early as this.

But, hey, the guy who was suggesting it is a *very* parochial Victorian, so the motivation and thinking (and frustration) behind it is pretty obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 days isn't enough time to bowl Victoria out again? Lol.
Pitch is getting a lot better, rain likely on Sunday, Victoria dead batting to gain points on Queensland. They're wasting time.

Should declare over night IMO.

Also didn't realise how low Doolan's FC average was. He managed to play tests with those stats!

I would just declare overnight. Still should be enough time to bowl Victoria out.
Maybe, but they wasted an hour there which they could have used.

Some of you would make horrible captains. Bat when the pitch is at its best. If you can't bowl a side out in 5+ sessions then I don't think it matters. Why let a team bat again on day 2 and possibly force you to bat again on day 4?

The openers make it to lunch. Victoria will have to do something pretty special just to get the draw here, hopefully Dean can go on to make another big score as he looks good early. If anything it's a good opportunity for guys like him, Handscomb and Stoinis to score big and puch for higher honours.

Any tech savvy people out there help me out? I've bought a chord for my phone that lets me watch my phone on tv. It lets me watch YouTube but for some reason it won't let me watch cricket via the app, it says "video out does not support live streaming. Anyway around this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back