Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It takes some effort to contradict yourself in only four sentences, but here we are.

Either a) Chris Rogers is a Victorian and Mitchell Johnson is Western Australian, in which case your last statement is false.
Or b) Chris Rogers is a Western Australian and Mitchell Johnson is a Queenslander, in which case your first statement is false.

And like I said, we're not raving about him at Shield level. Is there a point to what you're saying?
You mentioned the production line, noone else did......

Finch wouldn't be in the best 6 no. There are others I'd choose.
But that's not what I said was it. Merely said I'd back him to score more than Marsh. You're cherry picking a very short sample too no doubt because overall he's been utter shite.

You stated that Mitch Marsh was not in the top 6 best batsman in Australia.....so I asked if you thought Finch was. Seems like a perfectly relevant and legitimate question to me. I wonder if you would have the same issue with Finch had he been in the side and just come off a similar Ashes series as Marsh? Or would you have been singing his praises? I guess the later.

Mitch Marsh was selected in the test side for the majority of the Ashes tests after being dropped; I would have thought his recent test form would be relevant. I am sure you would have used his recent form against him had it been poor.

Worth pointing out that Coulter-Nile, Behrendorff and Paris have all been in the national frame, so it's a bit cheap to say that WA is failing to produce pace bowlers of note. The fact that Kelly can be plucked out of nowhere to have such a great record from the start of his state career would suggest the opposite.

You stated that Mitch Marsh was not in the top 6 best batsman in Australia.....so I asked if you thought Finch was. Seems like a perfectly relevant and legitimate question to me. I wonder if you would have the same issue with Finch had he been in the side and just come off a similar Ashes series as Marsh? Or would you have been singing his praises? I guess the later.

Mitch Marsh was selected in the test side for the majority of the Ashes tests after being dropped; I would have thought his recent test form would be relevant. I am sure you would have used his recent form against him had it been poor.
You'll see after this series. A decent attack, wait scratch that, great attack will reduce him to mediocrity.
Why wouldn't you discount it given his one great innings - the outlier - was against park cricketers. One of the worst test attacks England have sent to our shores.

You'll see after this series. A decent attack, wait scratch that, great attack will reduce him to mediocrity.
Why wouldn't you discount it given his one great innings - the outlier - was against park cricketers. One of the worst test attacks England have sent to our shores.
Here's to a prictorian free touring test side :thumbsu:

About time we can put our feet up. Been carrying your state in the test team and in the economy for a century :thumbsu:

Proportional to population, Victoria's production of Australian cricketers is actually quite low.

Furthermore, Western Australia sacrificed its own economy for seventy years of federal protectionism so that Victoria's manufacturing industry would work. You're welcome.

Proportional to population, Victoria's production of Australian cricketers is actually quite low.

Furthermore, Western Australia sacrificed its own economy for seventy years of federal protectionism so that Victoria's manufacturing industry would work. You're welcome.
Yes. You're the victims. Not the bludgers :rolleyes:

Yes. You're the victims. Not the bludgers :rolleyes:

I can't blame you for not knowing your Australian history, but it's best not to make statements you can't back up. Western Australia has always been a primary producing state - wheat and rocks, basically - and this was the main reason WA did not want to join federation. WA only voted to do so because of the migrant population in the Goldfields, who promptly returned home (in the eastern states) when the gold rush finished. One of the Royal Commissioners who examined WA's economic position in the 1920s even suggested that WA should never have joined the Federation, because the economic principles that worked for the rest of the country could not work in WA, which was simply not in a position to become a manufacturer on account of its distance from everywhere and low population.

Once these barriers were removed, WA became the richest state in the country, and gave back to the eastern states many, many, many times more than what had been given to it. Personally, I wish Australia still had a strong manufacturing industry, but I also think you should probably not make such false accusatory statements.

I'll see what exactly? Where have I made a single prediction about how Mitch Marsh will go in SA. That's right, I haven't. If the pitches are anything like the recent India series most of the batsmen will struggle.

You keep ignoring the fact that he made two hundreds across 4 innings, not just one. So how much of an outlier is it? Sure, the England attack is not exactly suited to Australian conditions but they're better than most state sides, let alone park cricketers. For a tiny bit of perspective let's take a look at how some of the other batsman fared against the same attack:
- Handscomb averaged 20 and top score of 36 across 3 innings.
- Khawaja averaged 47 but just 1 100 across 7 innings.

It's interesting how you refuse to answer a single question when theoretically placing Finch in the same position as Marsh. That speaks volumes.

You blokes keep raving on about Kelly and Tye, so they are 3rd rate?
Fair enough.

Note I never said 3rd rate, I said third string. And that is absolutely true when you consider that at the beginning of this season the pool of quicks was Coulter-Nile, Paris, Behrendorf, Mackin, Richardson, and Moody. No way Kelly, Guthrie, Tye, Bevilaqua, Green etc. would have come into calculations. I personally think Kelly is a good prospect and one of the finds of the season. He's only 23 and 21 wickets @ 21 in his first season is excellent. Bevilaqua is only 21 and also has a lot to work with. Tye, however, is not a Shield bowler and shouldn't be near the Shield team. ODI and T20 is his forte.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll see what exactly? Where have I made a single prediction about how Mitch Marsh will go in SA. That's right, I haven't. If the pitches are anything like the recent India series most of the batsmen will struggle.

You keep ignoring the fact that he made two hundreds across 4 innings, not just one. So how much of an outlier is it? Sure, the England attack is not exactly suited to Australian conditions but they're better than most state sides, let alone park cricketers. For a tiny bit of perspective let's take a look at how some of the other batsman fared against the same attack:
- Handscomb averaged 20 and top score of 36 across 3 innings.
- Khawaja averaged 47 but just 1 100 across 7 innings.

It's interesting how you refuse to answer a single question when theoretically placing Finch in the same position as Marsh. That speaks volumes.

A pity Finch can not bowl a few overs of medium pace like M.Marsh,if he could I would have him in the test team before Marsh.Perhaps Finch,Maxwell and the Victorians could be the big winners out of their non selection for the SA tour as our batsman will be under pressure on those SA wickets.

If Finch ever plays for Australia in tests we will have scraped the bottom of the barrel so much that we're starting to pick up the s**t from the ground beneath it. It'd be like Tye playing tests. Both are good short form players but aren't suited for tests.

Boys club that’s why not because we don’t produce test worthy players.

Maxwell snubbed again.

If Finch ever plays for Australia in tests we will have scraped the bottom of the barrel so much that we're starting to pick up the s**t from the ground beneath it. It'd be like Tye playing tests. Both are good short form players but aren't suited for tests.

How do you know?

The simple reason Vic doesn't produce many test cricketers is that our talented athletes prefer afl . Nearly 70 percent of afl players are Vics , many have choosen football over cricket ( Simon O'Donnell and to a lesser extent Warney )

Back