Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Odd logic. You can't justify Renshaw's inclusion based on big domestic runs and then ignore the fact that Bancroft was doing the same when he got picked.

Not ignoring the fact considering I could understand why Bancroft got given a chance in the first place but he is now 6 tests in and hasn’t done enough in my opinion to keep the original incumbent out who has just hit a 3rd consecutive century and considering it was his shield form that supposedly seen him dropped in the first place.

For what it’s worth depending on how the SA rolls out of be willing to give Bancroft the series if they put him at 3 Renshaw at opener and * Khawaja off until he learns how to bat overseas.

Renshaw now averages 75.43 from the 8 innings he's played since the shield has come back after averaging 16 in the first 5 matches. That's some turnaround...

Nice article I read yesterday saying he put his loss in form down to a mental thing. Said he went away from what helped him relax at the crease and that was having a song stuck in his head and just relaxing his mind. Said he forgotten about it and that he realised he had stopped doing it during the first half of the shield season.

Even some of the Vision I watched him bat yesterday he was walking all the way out to square leg almost every ball and looking towards the stands obviously it is working big time for him. I think we have the next big thing on our hands now that he has unlocked the secret to his success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure Darcy Short could come out and hit 170 here...but it is unlikely to happen. Once they are 3 or 4 wickets down they will play for the draw. If I was WA, I would be pretty dirty that QLD haven't set anywhere near a realistic total/time amount to realistically ask WA to try and chase it down...

WA could easily say FU QLD and stop them getting the outright and have QLD risk losing the home final next week (if they don't get an outright next week)... One of TAS/VIC will get an outright result next week guaranteed.

How much more ******* realistic do you want the chase to be? It’s practically a one day innings if WA were good enough (5 an over for 60 overs) QLD weren’t just going to ******* gift wrap a win for WA just to mathematically keep them in the comp. they know the match situation and they know WA need to go for it.

What would have been unrealistic is had QLD set 350 to win over 40 overs

Just like a one day game, except no field restrictions, no bowling restrictions and teams always chase down 300 in under 2 sessions...

Wouldn’t be surprised if WA just let QLD have a swing then we’re happy to capitulate and gift them a home final. It’s not like WA have anything to play for, they were no hope of making it themselves

How much more ******* realistic do you want the chase to be? It’s practically a one day innings if WA were good enough (5 an over for 60 overs) QLD weren’t just going to ******* gift wrap a win for WA just to mathematically keep them in the comp. they know the match situation and they know WA need to go for it.

What would have been unrealistic is had QLD set 350 to win over 40 overs

Everyone who has seen WA play this season knows 305 was completely unreachable. The number of overs is really inconsequential.

Jack Wildermuth will be Australia's next great All Rounder. Calling it now, his bowling will be better than Watson and and Marsh's.

Not ignoring the fact considering I could understand why Bancroft got given a chance in the first place but he is now 6 tests in and hasn’t done enough in my opinion to keep the original incumbent out who has just hit a 3rd consecutive century and considering it was his shield form that supposedly seen him dropped in the first place.

For what it’s worth depending on how the SA rolls out of be willing to give Bancroft the series if they put him at 3 Renshaw at opener and **** Khawaja off until he learns how to bat overseas.

Sometimes selection is a matter of timing. Renshaw’s good form has all come after the team was selected. Joe Burns, who was the only other opener who performed in the first half of the shield season got injured just at the wrong time for him, otherwise Bancroft probably would have been left behind and Burns would be opening with Warner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what it’s worth depending on how the SA rolls out of be willing to give Bancroft the series if they put him at 3 Renshaw at opener and **** Khawaja off until he learns how to bat overseas.

You've been complaining about Bancroft before he even played a test. He still was the top scorer in our second innings in his last test so he isn't going to be dropped for Renshaw any time soon.

Out-bowled, out-batted and out classed by Qld, a team that actually knows how to knuckle down when it counts. The story of this season is in the batting averages:
Josh Philippe 6 innings 173 runs @ 28.83
D'Arcy Short 9 innings 162 runs @ 18.00
Jonathan Wells 12 innings 242 runs @ 20.16
Marcus Stoinis 9 innings 158 runs @ 19.75
Ashton Turner 17 innings 530 runs @ 33.12
Hilton Cartwright 18 innings 430 runs @ 24.7
Ashton Agar 5 innings 47 runs @ 11.75
Josh Inglis 12 innings 359 runs @ 35.90

Only three century makers across the season as well. While this team is missing players to the Australian team it's players like Cartwright and Stoinis who have really been disappointing. Just lacked discipline across batting and bowling.

Out-bowled, out-batted and out classed by Qld, a team that actually knows how to knuckle down when it counts. The story of this season is in the batting averages:
Josh Philippe 6 innings 173 runs @ 28.83
D'Arcy Short 9 innings 162 runs @ 18.00
Jonathan Wells 12 innings 242 runs @ 20.16
Marcus Stoinis 9 innings 158 runs @ 19.75
Ashton Turner 17 innings 530 runs @ 33.12
Hilton Cartwright 18 innings 430 runs @ 24.7
Ashton Agar 5 innings 47 runs @ 11.75
Josh Inglis 12 innings 359 runs @ 35.90

Only three century makers across the season as well. While this team is missing players to the Australian team it's players like Cartwright and Stoinis who have really been disappointing. Just lacked discipline across batting and bowling.

Agree with this. We've been little short of pathetic for most of this season. Hardly willing to put up a fight and do the hard things. When the going gets tough, we fold with barely a whimper. You get no credit for performing against us this year.....

Just watched the first 8 WA dismissals on replay. Most pies outside off that guys have tried to cover drive for 4... and got caught behind. Pretty funny. Weak as piss even.

Well that is the highlight of an interesting week of cricket hey :p I wonder if the live commentary picked up on it... I was watching but didn't see it.

Would've thought everyone had experienced that in junior cricket. I certainly remember our team copping 5 penalty runs for exactly the same thing in under 14's.
Never heard of it honestly.

Back