Opinion Shelter at Olympic Park?

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t that where that 70m dollar sports medicine facility is going?

I don’t think it’s $70 million any more. More like closer to $15 million I think.
No, it’s going where the bar / cafe was at the front of the old Glasshouse.

Isn't it going to be $30mio of govt funding plus whatever we and Monash spend? Already secured $15mio from the Feds and looking for $15 from State?

Dunno. I looked into this a few months ago and remember that the original big number had come down significantly. Also, from what I’ve seen of the plans that somebody posted on here - I’m not in the building industry - but hard to believe that it would be $70 worth of work. There didn’t look to be much in the way of “building“ in those plans, it looked like it was predominantly re-fitout stuff.

I thought there were already BBQ facilities? (Near the cafe)
No idea mate. I’ve only been once, took a look at the bar set up and didn’t bother going back. Looked like a conference centre.

It’s nothing more than a training ground.
Is it worth investing money? Considering we don’t actually own it?

We don‘t own any of the land that we’ve spent millions of dollars building stuff on?

We’ve spent big money building the light towers. Would have thought a roof over the terraced area would be small fry by comparison.

And given that we’re a member based organisation, some of our members regularly enjoy training, and I’m sure that all of our members would recognise that being able to watch training is a wholesome fan activity that should be supported (up there with the Auskickers at half time, the cheer squad behind the goals, and making the banner)

It’s nothing more than a training ground.
Is it worth investing money? Considering we don’t actually own it?

CFC is a not for profit organization so has to spend profits on something. Why not something like this for supporters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the club stops declaring profits year on year then maybe that might become the case.

No profit (after depreciation and amortisation) the last two years.

Anomalies rather than the norm. We don’t (historically) have global pandemics to deal with every year. Hopefully they don’t become the norm.

Eventhough we are a not-for-profit, we do have the competing desire for …

- Having a good nest egg in the bank (The future fund) which makes us financially strong.

- Keeping memberships and merchandise as cheap as possible.

- Saving up so we can build the best facilities.

Eventhough we are a not-for-profit, we do have the competing desire for …

- Having a good nest egg in the bank (The future fund) which makes us financially strong.

- Keeping memberships and merchandise as cheap as possible.

- Saving up so we can build the best facilities.

None of which traditionally precludes us from making profits or from having the resources to install shelter over viewing areas at the HC. There’s probably even a gov grant available for the project if someone could be bothered looking.

None of which traditionally precludes us from making profits or from having the resources to install shelter over viewing areas at the HC. There’s probably even a gov grant available for the project if someone could be bothered looking.

Agreed 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back