Multiplat Shenmue 3

Remove this Banner Ad

P1RXS7g.jpg

Translation
Quote:
Yu Suzuki just said that he is thinking about a Kickstarter to fund the Shenmue 3 developement ! #MAGS
Source: (Sebastien-Abdelhamid) He works with pretty big independent French TV channel and is part of the Monaco Anime Game Show.
https://twitter.com/SAbdelhamid/stat...59625822728192

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518301

I don't think he would be able to raise the money needed, but I would donate heavily if he made this happen!!!

You couldn't fund a game like Shenmue with kickstarter. I know the industry has changed, but the original Shenmue cost $70 million to make. Shenmue fans would have to be pretty rich and generous to get it off the ground.

If only though. "Shenmue 3, one day it will come" was the first group I ever joined on facebook and I'm still a member 6 odd years later :D

You couldn't fund a game like Shenmue with kickstarter. I know the industry has changed, but the original Shenmue cost $70 million to make. Shenmue fans would have to be pretty rich and generous to get it off the ground.

If only though. "Shenmue 3, one day it will come" was the first group I ever joined on facebook and I'm still a member 6 odd years later :D

"Do you know were Sailors hang out?" or "Have you seen the Mad Angles?"
ahhh the memories.

I played through Shenmue 2 recently.

How about a game of Lucky Hit?

Would you like to try a game of Lucky Hit?

Must have heard it 500 times just trying to get cash.

And then spending 2 IRL hours just moving boxes into a warehouse. Started to grind, but it slowly builds.

If it's a PS4 exclusive I'll be getting the PS4. This is saying something coming from someone who only just bought their first Playstation product a month ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the guy from the PS4 event yeah?
It's either the guy from the PS4 event or the guy who I see sitting outside the primary school near my house in his van every day.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I still hold hope!

For March's Game Developers Conference 2014, we're announcing one of the most exciting game postmortems yet.

Yu Suzuki, the influential Japanese game designer famously known for his work at Sega, will be delivering a Classic Game Postmortem on the iconic Dreamcast game Shenmue. Mark Cerny, game designer and lead system architect for PlayStation 4 will be on-hand to translate Suzuki's presentation into English for the audience.

Suzuki, currently president of his own studio YsNet, will talk for the very first time about the creation of the console classic Shenmue. Beginning with the origin of the title as a Virtua Fighter-based RPG on the Sega Saturn, he will take the audience through the long journey of the game that led to its ultimate release in 1999 on the Sega Dreamcast.

This is an hour-long session - we'll have more scheduling details about the talk as GDC gets closer, but we figure a lot of you would like to get this on your radar! If you can't make it to GDC, be sure to watch the session livestreamed on GameSpot.

http://www.gdconf.com/news/yu_suzuki_revisits_shenmue_in_.html

Come on Mr. Cerny bring Shenmue 3 to PS4!!

Would buy where ever this game goes.

But with money being the main thing wouldn't it be best to make this game available on all platforms?
Or is there an agreement with Sony?

Talk has been up since Sega posted the below picture of the addition of Ryo to the mobile Sonic and Sega All Stars. See how the number plate says "Shen 3."

People are saying Sega are just trolling and have no intention to release the game. But for me this is the biggest indicator that it may actually be happening. It's the first real tease to come from Sega that I know of and I really don't think they'd do it just for the sake of doing it cause that's... well, just cruel. Very interesting :)

All-Games-Beta-Sega-confirms-Ryo-Hazuki-in-Sonic-All-Stars-Racing-Transformed-610x516.png

Talk has been up since Sega posted the below picture of the addition of Ryo to the mobile Sonic and Sega All Stars. See how the number plate says "Shen 3."

People are saying Sega are just trolling and have no intention to release the game. But for me this is the biggest indicator that it may actually be happening. It's the first real tease to come from Sega that I know of and I really don't think they'd do it just for the sake of doing it cause that's... well, just cruel. Very interesting :)

All-Games-Beta-Sega-confirms-Ryo-Hazuki-in-Sonic-All-Stars-Racing-Transformed-610x516.png

Sumo Digital have come out and said that the number plate was just a small dig at Sega for how long it has taken to make Shenmue 3.

Those vehicles are awesome though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back