Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
What is this game even about? Never heard of it or the other ones.
It was one of the first reasonably modern games that tried to make a reasonably realistic open world to explore. Most fans are hooked on the story though and all the characters. Basically it's about a son attempting to avenge his fathers death which occurs in the first scene of the first game.

I still thank Lan Di is my favourite bad guy in all video games. The fact that we've seen very little of him keeps his mystery up and the little we have seen of him he is badass.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Just pledged $60. Kickstarter has officially changed from a day count down to a hours countdown. 64.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
$6.3 million in the end. A good effort considering the campaign itself could probably have been done a bit better (higher target, informing people earlier how the money will help to prevent people from thinking "Sony will sort out the remainder.")

Suzuki has announced that they will continue to take pledges via paypal. More details to come on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
Shenmue 1 redefined what video games could actually be for me. It was probably the first game that I started again immediately after completing it. Then when 2 came around, I had pretty lofty expectations of what it would be like, and it exceeded them in every aspect. I don't get as much time as I would like to spend playing games these days, but I backed the PS4 option, and seriously can't wait until it releases. I think it might be time to dig out the Dreamcast and fire them up again.

Here's hoping all of the stretch goals are reached!

Shenmue 1 redefined what video games could actually be for me. It was probably the first game that I started again immediately after completing it. Then when 2 came around, I had pretty lofty expectations of what it would be like, and it exceeded them in every aspect. I don't get as much time as I would like to spend playing games these days, but I backed the PS4 option, and seriously can't wait until it releases. I think it might be time to dig out the Dreamcast and fire them up again.

Here's hoping all of the stretch goals are reached!
A few months because the 8-ball.

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
A few months because the 8-ball.

I assume you meant behind the 8-ball. I backed the original Kickstarter campaign, but got an email update about it the other day that I've only just read which reminded me. They are still allowing people to back the game via the Slacker Backer campaign until December too, hence the stretch goals comment.

I assume you meant behind the 8-ball. I backed the original Kickstarter campaign, but got an email update about it the other day that I've only just read which reminded me. They are still allowing people to back the game via the Slacker Backer campaign until December too, hence the stretch goals comment.
Two times the fail for me, then: the typo and forgetting Slacker Backer.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades

I remember before release downloading a video of that scene from IGN and watching it dozens of times :oops: Ozisoft delayed it for like two months... was supposed to come out before christmas and I didn't get it till late Jan. Rang EB weekly asking for updates. :oops:

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1502265

Most recent update has some pretty cool screenshots. Still extremely excited

uploadfromtaptalk1457267889720.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457267898354.jpg