Multiplat Shenmue 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Original release date was a tentative December of this year. Been delayed till the second half of 2018. Don't mind at all would rather they get it right.

Love the trailer, hate the doll faces, hope there is an update there.

Shenmue 1 & 2 were technical masterpieces, so my expectations of looks and gameplay are very high.

You'd be better of treating it as an indie release rather than having unrealistic expectations. The technical achievements of the first two games resulted in what was, at the time, the most expensive game ever made. Shenmue III is being made on a shoestring budget by comparison.

Interestingly there's never any footage of Ryo's mouth moving, so I'm assuming they're still working on facial expressions etc. But yeah I'm certainly not expecting the ground breaking trend setting games that the first two were. My priority is playing out a continuation of the story and if it's five years behind as far as graphics are concerned that won't bother me in the slightest.

Interestingly there's never any footage of Ryo's mouth moving, so I'm assuming they're still working on facial expressions etc. But yeah I'm certainly not expecting the ground breaking trend setting games that the first two were. My priority is playing out a continuation of the story and if it's five years behind as far as graphics are concerned that won't bother me in the slightest.

Has the Dreamcast graphics feel to it which I'm fine with.

I was playing through Shenmue 1 about this time last year. Got to the 3rd disk where I was working on the docks flat out and then the bloody Dreamcast reset. I don't think I saved it after a long stint so I couldn't be stuffed doing it all again. Will have to have another crack soon.

I was playing through Shenmue 1 about this time last year. Got to the 3rd disk where I was working on the docks flat out and then the bloody Dreamcast reset. I don't think I saved it after a long stint so I couldn't be stuffed doing it all again. Will have to have another crack soon.
Ahh the famous resetting Dreamcast issue. Happened to mine all the time. If you open it up there's six pins on the left hand side that if you clean will fix it for about 6 months. But the most permanent fix I found was sticking broken off toothpicks in them so the pins didn't lose connection with the metal plating.

This place recommends bending the pins but I found the toothpicks worked well
http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/dreamcast-random-reset-and-common-fixes/

Ahh the famous resetting Dreamcast issue. Happened to mine all the time. If you open it up there's six pins on the left hand side that if you clean will fix it for about 6 months. But the most permanent fix I found was sticking broken off toothpicks in them so the pins didn't lose connection with the metal plating.

This place recommends bending the pins but I found the toothpicks worked well
http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/dreamcast-random-reset-and-common-fixes/

Another method I found is to put some solder on the pins to make them thicker.

Did this to mine the other day and works really well you get a nice tight connection between the pins and connector haven't had it reset on me after a few long play sessions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some screens

3375981-20180323142940_2.jpg
3375982-20180323181958_2.jpg

3375983-20180323210535_2.jpg

3375984-20180323212005_2.jpg

3375985-shenmue+ii+locations+%286%29.jpg

3375980-shenmue+ii+meeting+shenhua+first+time+%2835%29.jpg

Last edited:
So glad I will have these games on a system that I don't have hidden in a box somewhere.

Two of my all-time favourites. Although to be honest I'm a bit worried about playing them now (because I doubt they have aged well).

So glad I will have these games on a system that I don't have hidden in a box somewhere.

Two of my all-time favourites. Although to be honest I'm a bit worried about playing them now (because I doubt they have aged well).

Played them recently still hold ups the abilty to use modern control scheme will defantily help

So excited for this. Finally, the day has come! Told my wife I'm going to make her sit through a playthrough with me so she can experience why I love this series so much.

I was hoping when I saw this thread bumped it was a re-release on modern consoles. Not the HD remaster many were after but if they liked the originals so much they shouldn't really care. Yay.

I enjoyed both games but personally prefer the sequel, Ren is my favourite character in the series.

Delayed again....:(

https://shenmue.link/post_en/967/?en

To all of our backers, we are very sorry for the delay. After much discussion with our partners, Deep Silver, we have concluded that extending the release will allow us to deliver Shenmue III at its best. We promise to use this time to improve the quality of Shenmue III.

We cannot thank you enough for your enduring support.

Was likely to happen especially with the announcement of the re release. Doesn't bother me at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back