Multiplat Shenmue 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Never thought there'd be a Shenmue 3 so if it took 2 more years to get it right I wouldn't mind.

Heh Shenmue HD and Shenmue 3 were 1 & 2 most voted as most wanted game in a UK magazine keeping Red Dead out. I know this is because of the dedication of the fans and I know more people will snap up red dead, but it still makes me wonder why it's taken this long.
5aac59353e88321cfac66595facb14ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Going to get it on Steam, saw an ad today for 23% off, but not sure if that'll be available for Australia. I'll still have to get a wireless controller for the pc and an extra long hdmi cable so I can run it off the TV.

Eventually I'll get a PS4 for Shen 3, in no hurry at the moment.

Going to get it on Steam, saw an ad today for 23% off, but not sure if that'll be available for Australia. I'll still have to get a wireless controller for the pc and an extra long hdmi cable so I can run it off the TV.

Eventually I'll get a PS4 for Shen 3, in no hurry at the moment.
Why you getting a PS4 if you're playing Shenmue 1 and 2 on PC? Shenmue 3 is going to be on PC too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked up the Xbox One version today, but will probably double dip and get the PS4 version later on. I'll probably start it tomorrow night. I've been raving on about it to my wife, so she's keen to check it out too.

Think I just got my best score on QTE Title. 317,711

Used to love QTE Title would always try to play it once per shenmue day

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why you getting a PS4 if you're playing Shenmue 1 and 2 on PC? Shenmue 3 is going to be on PC too.
I haven't owned a console since I stopped playing the DC (the Wii doesn't really count). My nephew got a new Xbox the other week and was having a go of NBA 2K, absolutely loved it. Wouldn't mind getting a new gen console for games like that, and since we finally have NBN at our place now.

Booted up Shenmue 1 yesterday. Still as awesome as ever!
I don't remember the controls being so clunky hahaha. I just took three attempts to line myself up with one of them capsule machines cause someone was standing in the way so I could buy one.

I'm still early on looking for Charlie now.

I don't remember the controls being so clunky hahaha. I just took three attempts to line myself up with one of them capsule machines cause someone was standing in the way so I could buy one.

I'm still early on looking for Charlie now.

I played through both of them around 4 years ago, so I remember it quite well. haha

It's fascinating how expectations change over time. Shenmue was mildly clunky upon release but by modern standards it is thoroughly archaic. I imagine it will be tough for some players who never experienced the originals.

It's also interesting how the DNA of the game can be found in more modern games. Obviously QTE are a big thing these days but the game itself is set up a little like Life is Strange - interacting heavily with the environment, the main gameplay mechanics are running around talking to people to trigger the next event.

I still love the game though. I played through the first game three times on the DC. It was great to go looking for sailors again. But what I'm really looking forward to is playing through the sequel, which I only played through once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back